'I Don't Care If You're Contagious' 9

Nathan had to bite his lip hard and keep himself contained as he watched the whole fight between Ash and Miranda, the whole time all he wanted to do was run up and wrap his arms around frail Ash in a cocoon of safety away from the putrid human that caused him so much pain. He saw the photos on his way into school, the word FAG! Printed on the top offended him, and not just that but everyone knew he was gay...not that it mattered to him anyways, he'd do anything to have Ash even if it meant he had to be submitted to ridicule for the rest of his teenage life.

" ASH ! " Nathan watched as Ash stomped away out the front doors away from Miranda. He made sure to stay hidden from the him well they were fighting blending in with the sea of students. Which to him was a good choice because the words Ash said about him made him flutter inside, but still the scene at his house lingered in his mind when he made a move which ended into a disaster and a surely repulsed Ash.

He waited a bit till the crowd slowly disappeared from the hallways, then Nathan took off in a steady jog out the front door into the chilly air. He knew where'd he'd find him, the café where they first met.

He ran until the soles of his feet were aching, he slowed to a snails pace almost at the café, steam escaped his lips. His face frozen and his heart beating fast he walked quickly to the front door, through the glass he could see at the very back the familiar mess of dark coffee hair playing with the lid of a fresh coffee. Taking a deep breathe he stepped in walking to the very back of the café, Ash handed noticed him yet at least not until Nathan sat down across from him .

" Hey" Nathan whispered lightly, as if his words might scare Ash.

He jumped a bit at the sound of his voice and turned his head, Nathan wanted to hug right then and there. He could see Ash had been crying silently, holding up his sleeve he wiped away the tears not embarrassed that he seen.

" So I suppose you heard what happened, or in any case probably saw too?" Ash asked him, but he was looking outside avoiding Nathans gaze. Nathan could see red blush start to seep up his cheeks, of course he met the words he said about him, the same words he heard that made him flutter inside.

" Of course, and you know you have nothing to be embarrassed about. You did a good thing...standing up for yourself that is"

" Ha! Did I now because to me it seemed I made a fool out of myself, I practically just yelled to the whole student body that I like you. Not only that! But that bitch of a girl posted pictures of us.''

Ash slammed his fists on the table causing his drink to topple over and spill, Nathan didn't move.

"pictures of us... k- kissing, and your telling me I did the right thing... Your fucking kidding me right, I'll be bullied and be called a fucking fag." Nathan grimaced at Ash's words, he too knew the ridicule that came for being a open book.

" You don't have to think that Ash, I can help you. Just give me cha-" He was cut off, by more yelling.

" NO YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK YOU!, YOU THE REASON FOR ALL THIS!''

Ash stopped yelling and lowered his voice to a growl,

" Just leave me alone Nathan, what happened at your house was a mistake I was a fool, just leave me alone before you end up dyeing just like them, all I bring is bad luck... I'm not good "

Ash stopped yelling and shook his head, Nathan could see fresh tears starting to form in the corners of his eye's, before he could get up and hug him; tell him everything would be alright. Ash took off out the door without a word, leaving Nathan blank and emotional sitting in a booth.

Nathan watched outside the window as Ash walked away, his hands in his pockets puffs of cold escaping his lips and tears falling from his eyes. Nathan couldn't brush off the words that Ash had said, telling him to leave him alone before he died too. Nathan sat dumfounded at the table starring at the empty seat in front of him, all he wanted was someone to love , to care for him and he; care for them to. Why was it so hard ?