57. so I'll paint you a clear blue sky

"You know," Loki looked up at Mobius through his lashes. Mobius's hand still around his throat, just resting there. "You don't have to be so gentle with me..." He trailed off. And oh Mobius thought he knew where this was going as Loki went on. "You can hurt me, if you want,"

It was their first night together, and Loki already wanted Mobius to choke the life out of him.

///

Pairing: Loki/Mobius M. Mobius

Kind of NSFW and kind of a sequel to the previous chapter, but can be read as a stand-alone too.

///

Mobius watched from behind. Loki's eyes traveled this way and that around the apartment — Mobius's apartment — and he could tell the mischievous scamp was curious, which was preciously to be expected.

Mobius's apartment wasn't anything fancy, but it was new for Loki, like when you adopted a cat and you brought him home for the first time and he immediately started wondering around the moment you put him on the floor.

Little pussycat, Mobius thought, amused, and couldn't contain the slight smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. Loki couldn't see it anyway, for he was walking ahead of him, taking further steps into the analyst's living space while Mobius lingered back, putting the key back where it belonged.

"Better than a cell, I hope," Mobius broke the silence eventually, and didn't bother to hide that smirk on his face when Loki turned around.

"It is decent," Loki said. "Not better than Asgard palace, but... better than a cell, I suppose,"

Mobius chuckled. "I'll take that as a compliment,"

It took quite an effort, but Mobius managed to convince Ravonna to give him a roommate. Or, to allow Loki a privilege not to be locked up in a cell — where inmates were supposed to be — during nighttime. Because Mobius didn't actually need a roommate. He'd spent years living alone in his apartment just fine, but asking for Loki to have his own space, and Mobius would be pushing too far.
No, Mobius, I don't care if you think you have something going on with Loki. Mobius could already hear Ravonna's voice in his head. Letting that man roam around in his own space unsupervised and we might never be able to catch him again.

So here they were; roommates. The idea still sounded funny in Mobius's mind. He never had a roommate, and he wasn't looking for one before. And he doubted Loki was a fan of the idea, but it was what it was.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Ravonna had asked, when Mobius was in her office hours ago, negotiating where Loki would sleep. And Mobius had said yes, he was sure.

He's dangerous, unpredictable, unstable! Those were Ravonna's exact words. I know you have a soft spot for him, I really do, but what if he killed you in your sleep?!

But Mobius had reassured her; he knew what he was doing. He knew Loki. And in the end he'd asked Ravonna to trust him. That seemed to do the trick, because she'd sighed, and Mobius knew a defeated sigh from Ravonna when he saw one.
In the end he only he gave her a soft thank-you smile, because Mobius knew better than to show too much enthusiasm in front of her.

"I suppose this means I owe you?" Loki's voice snapped Mobius out of his little trance.

"You don't owe me anything," Mobius shrugged.

And it was Loki's turn to chuckle. "Right, you and your precious friends basically arrested me... for crime I didn't know I committed, crime against the timeline, if memory serves me right, that was what she said during my hearing. And here you are, supervising me. So that makes me your prisoner then,"