Chapter 33

Previously on a Chapter 32

'Man... this'll surely be the cherry top of our journey...' I thought to myself, sarcastically. I can only hope we make it to the other side safely. Man... for the Avatar. I sure get scared easily.

-We're Trapped Here-

Y/N P.O.V

"Okay, everyone stand clear of the wall" the guide said once we've reached the bottom. He use his earth-bending and throw a huge boulder at the bridge he made.

"Why'd you do that?" Aang said. "These people are fleeing from the Fire Nation, aren't they? Gotta make sure we can't be followed. We'll be safe now" he said. Suddenly, behind the dust something grabs him. I gasp in shock as the guide screams out in pain. Aang blows away the dust to reveal a huge animal.

"We gotta help him!" Sokka said. He reaches in his back and throws his boomerang at the beast. The beast drop the guard and starts chasing after Sokka. "Okay, now we gotta help me!!" He yelled, running away as the beast chase after him.

Katara use her water-bending and whip it across the beast's face. She got thrown aside. I rushes forward and use my air-bending at them. They got sent away, and crawl away.

"What was that?" I asked. "Canyon crawlers... and there's sure to be more!" The guide said. Katara rushes over to his side and examine his shoulder. "Your arms! They're broken!" She said. He groans in pain. "Without my arms, I got no bending. In other words..." he said. "We're trapped in this canyon" my brother said, as realization dawned upon us.

"I thought the whole point of ditching our food was so we wouldn't have to deal with things like canyon crawlers!" Sokka said, he looks visibly panicking. I mean, I can't blame him.

"It's the Zhangs! They took food down here even after the canyon guide told them not to" Gan Jin leader said. "What? If there's anyone who can't go without food for a day, it's you pampered Gan Jins!" Zhang leader said.

"I hope you're happy. We're stuck in this canyon with no way out!" Gan Jin leader said. "Why don't you thank yourself, food hider!" Zhang leader said. Aang turns to look at me. I let out a sigh and take a step forward.

"Look... sticking together is the only way to-" I try to say, but they cuts me off. "I'm not walking another steps for the likes of them!" Zhang leader said. "Now there's something we can agree on" Gan Jin leader said.

"Any ideas?" Aang asked the guide. "No bending... we need to get out of this canyon... I won't die down here! I won't become part of the food chain" he said, panicking around.

"See! We're going to become part of the food chain because of you!!" Gan Jin leader said. "Sure, unjustly blame the Zhangs like you always do!!" Zhang leader said. "Gladly!!" Gan Jin leader said. I let out a groan as they start fighting again.

"Enough!! I thought I could help you guys get along. But I guess that's not gonna happen!" Aang said. He sounded angry, I mean I am too. I jump on top of a higher ground.

"We should split up! Gan Jins on this side, and the Zhangs on that side. We'll travel on two separate lines!" I said. Aang nods his head, agreeing with my decision. The two tribes starts walking towards where we pointed them to.

"Sokka, you go with the Zhangs. Katara, you go with the Gan Jins. See if you can find out why they hate each other so much" Aang said. The two of them nod their heads.

***

Aang and I are now sitting not far from the camp. I lean my back against the rock and stare at the sky. I have no idea how we can get these two tribes to get along. Not until we can figure out what makes them hate each other in the first place.

Aang is sitting next to me, as he stares at the camps. He turns to look at me. "Sure would be nice to be sitting around those campfires, telling stories and laughing..." Aang said. "Yeah... it sure does..." I said, nodding my head in agreement.

"It's okay, Momo... l/n... we'll be out of here soon enough, and then we can eat our weight in leechi nuts!" Aang said, looking at our two lemurs. Momo jumps up and catches a bug out of the air. He eats parts of it before offering the rest to Aang.

Aang looks grossed out. "Nah, I'll wait for the leechi nuts. You have it, Y/N..." he said, turning to me. "No thank you..." I said. Momo offers the rest of the bug to l/n, who take it from him and starts eating.

"Lonely isn't it? Being impartial?" I heard someone said. I turn my head to see the guide. He makes his way over to us and take a seat against a rock. "I wish I could help these people get along..." Aang said. I nod my head in agreement.

"Me too... but it seems impossible... anyhow, I guess our biggest problem is getting out of here..." I said. I yawn softly, feeling tired. Aang notices this and pulls me closer. He gently place my head on his lap.

He gently runs his hand through my hair. I relax in my spot as my eyes flutters a little. "Sleep well, sis..." Aang said, smiling at me. "Goodnight, Aang" I said. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

Time-skip

It's now daylight. We start our journey through the canyon once again. Aang and I jumped down to meet up with Sokka and Katara.

"Katara, Sokka, will these people cooperate long enough to get out of the canyon?" Aang said. "I don't think so, Aang, the Zhangs really wronged the Gan Jins. They ambushed Jin Wei and stole the sacred orb" Katara said. "What are you talking about?" I asked, looking at her in confusion.

"Yeah, Katara, what are you talking about? Wei Jin didn't steal the orb, he was returning it to their gate and was wrongly punished by the Gan Jin!" Sokka said. "Not punished enough if you asked me!" Katara said.

"Okay! Okay! We get it!" I said, feeling annoyed by these two's arguments. "Now we need your help. I need everyone together at the base of the canyon wall" Aang said. Aang take his glider and flies away. I turn to my friends and smiles softly at them. "Good luck you two..." I said. I open my glider and follows Aang.

*to be continued*