Chapter 1

Hunger.

That's all that you can remember.
A growing, insatiable hunger, filling every last crevice of your soul.
Your bones grew brittle and snapped, but there was no pain. No sorrow, No remorse, nothing. Then, you can remember a throbbing in your head, not so much painful as it was dull and achey, but there nonetheless. You could hear cracking and breaking as antlers protrude their way from your head, yet, you felt nothing to it. A loud screech erupted suddenly from your throat, filling the air with its horrendous noise. A searing hot pain was sudden to you, starting from between your shoulder blades and spreading throughout your body.

You continued to hear your bones crack and break apart to succumb to this new, treacherous lifestyle. You could feel yourself grow, your skin seeming to stretch and mold to the distortion of your bones. For awhile, you couldn't see anything but an endless black void, creeping around you, surrounding you with its dizzying cycle. The hot flashes of pain continued on until eventually, they stopped.. and you opened your eyes for the first time in what seemed like forever. You knew nothing, you only felt the hunger that pulled and clawed its way throughout your mind and body. Your breathing was muffled and hot as it seemed trapped in something.. a skull? Perhaps.
You looked around, a sudden scent snagging your attention, you stepped forward, looking down momentarily at.. a paw? or maybe a hoof? You couldn't tell. Although it looked like an eerie combination of both, twisted flesh and fur jumbled together. You felt powerful, strong and unstoppable. You looked around to identify the strong yet alluring scent to see a corpse not 10 feet from where you stand. You made your way over, your every step seeming to boom under you, cracking twigs and crushing whatever was unlucky enough to end up underneath it.

Staggering over to the freshly mutilated corpse, you peered down, being met with the ideal sight of it all. Strings of flesh had been torn from the throat, ripping it open to reveal the bloodied inside, the neck having been snapped and the jugular, torn and long past bleeding out. The eyes were wide and open however, the mouth held still with shock. The organs to this poor victim lay strewn out wherever, a large pool of blood surrounded it all in its disturbing picture. Clothes were ripped and torn from the body, lacerations to the stomach, arms and legs left them in many gruesome pieces. None of it bothered you in the slightest however, you threw your masked head down and tore at the body. Chunk after chunk of flesh filled your jaws and you ate...and ate...and ate, relishing the sound of ripping flesh and snapping of bone to your teeth until there was nothing but pieces of bones and blood scattered everywhere.
That's when you heard a noise..footsteps? The noise seemed to double, then triple. Soon the noise thundered through your head and the next thing you remember is them. People from the surrounding area of the village had heard the commotion of your wrong doing and hurried out to see.

Only to be met with you, quite a gruesome sight. All of twisted bone and flesh, both of your own and the flesh that hung from your sharpened, boney and bloodied teeth. You could hear gasps, shrieks, and screams of all kinds fill the air as more and more flooded over to see the problem. Then you saw fire, burning bright and crackling as it danced in the dark shadowed mist of the night. Torches were lit as they came towards you, screaming incoherently and you took a step back, then another and another. But no matter how far back you went, they always came closer. Their torches of bright, hot fire occasionally brushing your thick, darkened fur and you let out a bellowing shrill. Many ducked down, covering their ears and others fled the area. The next thing you felt was immense hatred. Cold seemed to surround you despite the blazing fire from their torches. You could feel your very center become that of what only a blizzard could feel. Your heart shrouded over in cold and dark hatred. As if ice itself came upon it, that's when you fled. Turning and leaping into the dark trees ahead, you didn't stop running. Running and running until you couldn't hear them anymore, until you couldn't see the blaze of the fire or the echoing of their screams and shouts. You didn't know how long you ran but eventually you stopped. Obscuring your surroundings and formulating what you could while the hunger pulled desperately at your head. Screaming at you to feed.

Feed.

FEED.

You roared out in agony, stumbling back and clawing at anything in a newfound rage before taking off again. Finding your way deeper and deeper until only the illuminated mist of the night and glowing moon were all that surrounded you. You made your way over to a nearby lake. You had no interest or intention of drinking from it. However, you cautiously peered over into the clear, reflecting water. Under the moons everlasting light you finally understood why they were so livid and scared towards you. You gazed at your terrifying reflection. Your head was that of a deers' skull, long and boney, yet lined with sharp teeth and darkened, hollowed eyes, although paired with a red gleam to its center. Long, ominous antlers were gracefully splayed out from the head, and dark, matted fur covered your large body in a mix of blood and rough tangles.

This was you. What you had become and what you would have to deal with for the rest of eternity. Your unthoughtful actions had led you up to this point and now you had to deal with these consequences. For years you would wander the forest, bringing the coldest of ice and snow wherever you went and feeding in order to live out this terrible fate. I guess this is what one would call a start for;

The Beauty of The Grotesque.