Chapter 21: What is going on!?

Nightmare woke up to the knock on a door, he slowly opened his eyes for himself sleeping on top of Killer. She was leaning against the armrest. Which was filled with pillows for Killer to comfortably lay into.

He felt his face heat up as he noticed the position they were in. Nightmare was leaning against Killer's shoulder, his face resting against her neck. Most or at least more than half of his body was leaning against Killer while some were leaning against the seat cushions. He also had his arms wrapped around her waist. On the other hand, Killer actually seemed comfortable with him and she was holding onto his waist so he didn't fall. Had he just slept most of the morning like this? Especially after breaking down... oh gosh he was so embarrassed. He was so embarrassed. Crying in front of someone else, if he was strong he wasn't supposed to cry... crying was for the weak. For those who didn't know how to control their emotions. For those who were stupid enough to show them.

Soon he heard Killer humming a bit as she slowly started waking up. Nightmare froze, he didn't react fast enough to act asleep. Both looked at each other's eyes. Killer's cheek, most of her nose, and a part of her neck become a hue of red. Nightmare on the other hand had a more of a dark orange blush mixed with red, it made his cheeks look a lighter color of brown and a brighter one too. Still, both were blushing, both were embarrassed, and both were confused with their feelings.

Nightmare quickly tried to get off Killer only to fall on the floor and bring Killer with him this time. Killer falling on top of his chest, her face centimeters away from Nightmares.

Once again both froze for a few seconds before Killer quickly got off Nightmare. She crawled off him and sat on her knees looking down at her lap, her face looking like a tomato. Nightmare slowly sat up, he didn't know where to stare but definitely not Killer. Or at least not know, not after... cuddling together.

They had done it once before but never again. And then they actually had a good excuse, one of them was feeling down. One was scared, tired, and sad...

But after that both had sworn to never do it again, well Nightmare never really remembered when they made that promise... they just... made that promise. And today it had been broken. But it wasn't because they didn't like sleeping or cuddling together, Nightmare found it quite relaxing, he found it really nice. The reason was just that... they were confused... they got a strange feeling when they cuddled together, accidentally touched hands, stared for a bit too long in each other's eyes...

It was weird... but they said nothing about it and just accepted the fact that it happened. Just dealt with it as if it had happened since they were younglings.

Killer smiled awkwardly and got up, "So... what now?"

"I don't know... um... What time is it?" Nightmare asked nervously. Killer shrugged...

Soon there was a knock on the door, and Nightmare quickly got up. He straightened his clothes, he was the only of the two who had changed. He walked over to the door and when he opened it he was a big surprise. Dream and Cross were standing in there, Cross didn't look very well though. Her face seemed a lot paler, paler than her normal skin color though her cheeks had a green hue.

Nightmare decided to ask... but was interrupted "I have gotten her checked by so many doctors! They all have said that she is okay, that she isn't actually sick, they have said that she probably ate food poisoning! But this has been going over for weeks! Nightmare I don't know what to do, I'm scared, please help her! I remember you used to read books about doctors and sicknesses, you might know, you might know a lot better than this... these stupid doctors..."

Dream kept on ranting on, Killer felt the urge to slap him and tell him to be silent. He wasn't helping much by stressing out everyone. Even if she and Dream were friends, he really needed to control himself when freaking out. Still, there wasn't much she could do unless... instead she just guided Cross over to the couch, she immediately sat letting out a groan in pain.