Unhappy Thanksgiving

Today was a special day, not only was it Thanksgiving but it was also my first thanksgiving spending it with people I actually care for. For years thanksgiving was just been a TV dinner, Mom screaming at the tv and then passing out drunk on the sofa before halftime.

The Parkers have offered me to come spend thanksgiving with them before... but I never felt comfortable with it. I always thought I be intruding on them and their traditions.

But this year is different. Being Spider-Woman and working with Dr. Octavius has help me feel more comfortable with myself this year. And it's a year where we're all starting new traditions. So, I can't even feel like I'm intruding anymore since there's no traditions to intrude on. Take that anxiety!

May, MJ, and I were already at Peter and Harry's apartment, helping them get set up the dinner. Harry was cleaning up the place, when he notice MJ had paused to sniff some of the food. "MJ, will you stop goofing around?" He asked, making her laugh. "Harry, relax."

"Harry, it's just Thanksgiving. You don't need to stress so much." I told him, setting the mashed potatoes on the table. "You don't know my father, very well then." Harry said, tossing newspapers into the trash. "From our first meeting I say he's very nice. So, chill out will ya, before you burn a hole through the floor."

A buzz blare, causing Harry to straighten up. "He's here!" Harry quickly dusted his suit and waved me over. I smile shaking my head as I walked around the table to stand next to him. "Are you ready?" May asked us, closing the oven door, after taking the turkey out. "Yeah."

May open the door and Harry's father enters, holding a box and looking a little out of it. Like he was exhausted. "Aunt May. I'm sorry I'm late. Work was murder. I picked up a fruitcake." He told May, handing her the box. "You look great." Harry whispered to me. "Thanks." I whisper back. "Thank you, Mr. Osborn. We're so glad you could come."

"I think I remember that lovely face. (Name) was is?" Mr. Osborn smiled at Harry and I as he walked over, taking off his coat. "Yes sir, Mr. Osborn. It's so nice to see you again. Happy Thanksgiving."

Mr. Osborn handed his coat to his son so he could shake my hand. "Thanks you, happy Thanksgiving to you too, (Name) and please call me Norman. There's no need to be formal with me, especially if you can stand to put up with my son." Norman said, with a big grin. "Dad."

"I'm kidding, Harry. Now who is this other lovely young lady?" Norman asked, turning to MJ. "MJ, this is my father Norman Osborn. Dad, this is Mary Jane Watson." Harry said, introducing them. "Hi." MJ said, with a polite smile as she shook Norman's hand. "Nice to meet you, MJ." Norman said. "Happy Thanksgiving, sir."

"Now, where is Peter? He'd better remember that cranberry sauce." May said, not long after we hear a thud from upstairs, getting all of us to look up. "Oh, that's weird. I didn't know he was here." Harry said. Peter, you gotta be more quiet when you're swinging in.

MJ and I look back at Norman, in time to catch him taking a quickly glance at MJ's boobs. Making her look down uncomfortable, while he grins. I narrow my eyes at Norman, wanting to punch him the face.

"Peter?" May called, looking at the stairs. She puts one foot on the first step about to go up, getting me to panic. He won't be able to change before she gets up there, and it's not like he can just turn invisible like me. Time to do some stalling.

"I-I didn't hear anything!" I said, speeding past Norman and standing next to May and the stairs. "You didn't hear that thud?" Harry asked me. "Nuh-uh! I'm sure Peter will be back soon though." I said, smiling. "I'm sure I heard him." May said, going upstairs anyway. I quickly followed May up. "And I'm sure that 'he's not up there'." I said, saying last part a bit louder to warn Peter.