Chapter 14: Youth's Sword Tournament (part 5)

Just under an hour had passed before the speakers were already back in action.

"Round 3 of the Sword Tournament will begin shortly!", a voice from the speaker says. "Could Jake and Y/N make their ways to the arena in the meantime!"

Uda lets out a large yawn, before slowly waking up to the sound of the speaker.

"I guess... it's your turn to fight now... Y/N", she says as she rubs her eyes and continues to yawn.

"Y-yeah", you reply. "But could you..."

"Oh my bad!", she says. "You want me to get off your lap, right?"

"Y-yeah...", you reply as you begin to blush.

Uda sits up.

"But make sure you reserve my space on it for when you get back, ok?", Uda says with a smile.

"I'll think about that", you reply with a cheeky smile as you stand up.

You walk towards the door and open it.

"Good luck out there!", Uda cheers. "Although you probably won't need it!"

You look back with a smile, then make your way through the door.

...

You make your way to the arena; Jake arrives shortly after.

You could feel stares in your direction coming from the crowd; they clearly hadn't forgotten about your last match.

"Well well well!", Haru says into the microphone. "Without further ado, let the match between Y/N and Jake begin!"

Jake unsheathes his sword, and you do the same; slightly startling him.

"Here I come!", Jake screams as he rushes at you with his sword held low.

"First mistake", you say to Jake. "Don't tell me when your gonna attack!"

You stick your sword out onto the ground, tripping Jake up and causing him to stumble to the ground.

"H-hey!", Jake shouts, "that was dir-"

You ever so slightly tap your sword on his head, knocking him out on impact.

"W-what a quick match!", Haru says into the microphone. "Looks like we have our winner! A round of applause to Y/N!"

Haru starts clapping his hands quickly, but begins to slow down once he realises that no one else was clapping.

You look around. Stares of disgust, hatred and grief surrounded you at every corner.

You then look at your squad who quickly turned away in embarrassment once you made eye contact with them. Daisy was also nowhere to be seen.

"I guess she didn't see my fight", you say to yourself, kind of disappointed.

...

The crowd was dead silent - so silent that even conversations from outside the venue could be heard.

"Oh yeah... that's right", you say to yourself as you sheathe your sword.

...

*CLAP*

A single clap noise broke the silence.

*CLAP*
*CLAP*
*CLAP*
*CLAP*
*CLAP*

The clap noises continued until it became a flurry of claps.

Everyone's attention turned to the origin of the sound, which came from behind you.

The clap noises didn't stop. Instead, they sped up and up and up.