Chapter 108-You should see her

Hey my lovely readers.

How are you all?

Are you all enjoying the book so far?

Like previous chapter, even this chapter will have flashback. All the flashback part is in italics.

Before beginning I chapter I would like to request you all to check out the work of one of my constant readers Navikew

A beautiful collection of poetry as well as a story is being published by her.

It would mean a lot to me and her if you check out her work.

Let's begin with the chapter now and mind you, a lengthy one ahead.

Akash's POV

I opened my eyes due to the sunrays falling on me.

Groaning, I opened my eyes and sat on the bed with my head rested on the headboard.

I closed my eyes as I didn't want to wake up right now.

"Hey man, how're you?" Sid said, entering my room.

"How do you think I am?" I said, my eyes still closed.

"Here, take this. You'll feel better" he said and I opened my eyes.

I took the glass from him and drank it in one go.

It was lemonade I think.

"You'll feel better in some time" he said and I closed my eyes again.

"When did you come yesterday?" I asked.

"Oh. It was around midnight and by the time I came back, you were already sleeping" he said.

"If you don't feel well, you can skip office" he suggested.

"No. I'll be fine in few hours. Probably I should sleep for sometime. I'll be coming late to office" I said and lied on the bed.

"Okay. I'll inform Jannet" he said and walked out.

I opened my eyes again and when I saw the time, it was already 10 'o' clock.

Sighing, stretched my arms. I was feeling much better now. Thanks to Sid.

I quickly freshened up and made my way to the office but not before tugging the black ink pen to my front coat pocket and securing the chain in my pant pocket. 

"Good morning Sir" Jannet greeted, as soon as she saw me.

"Good morning Janet. In my cabin, please" I said and she nodded.

Sitting on my chair, I saw her walking to me.

"Any meetings aligned for today?" I asked, opening the file in front of me.

Checking my schedule in her tablet, she said "no sir, not today."

I breathed a sigh of relief as my head was still aching a little.

"Are you okay sir?" she asked me after sometime.

This is what I like about her. She's a very calm and composed employee and the best thing is, she doesn't throw herself at me as she's very much loyal to her soon to be husband.

I still remember how she was upset because her parents were not ready to accept her love and she used to cry for hours in my office.

I used to notice it but thought of not meddling in her personal affair but one fine day, I heard her loud wails and my breath stopped.