Prologue : Part 3 (Final)

Matsuo Eiichiro POV

It was currently 5:10 AM in the morning. I had just woken up from a very good night's sleep. I spent yesterday Sunday hanging out with my friends in a friend's house. It was so fun we got lost in time and played for about 4 hours from 3:00 PM till 8:15 PM.

Alright, I should snap out of my thoughts and prepare for school. I stepped out of my bed and began folding the mess I made while sleeping. I guess Tsubasa was right about me being a very messy sleeper. As I finished making my bed, I went ahead to the kitchen and grabbed some ingredients from the cupboards in the kitchen. I was gonna make some Omurice since I had been craving it for weeks but didn't have the ingredients and motivation to cook I t. I was too busy studying for the midterms so that might explain the lack of motivation.

As I was in the middle of cooking, I was disturbed by a sudden ringing sound coming from the table across from me. I picked up my phone to see who had called so early in the morning considering people usually haven't woken up at this time or was too busy preparing breakfast, The person who called me this early to my surprise, was my one and only father.

Since my father works as a butler, he never really comes home so we often talk on the phone whenever I finished school or when it's late at night, of course, we made sure to contact each other at an appropriate time where it wouldn't disturb either of us when we had work or school assignments.

Honestly, I wish we could spend more time together as father and son. Don't get me wrong though, my father is a very good parent paying for all my education and needs while simultaneously working with barely any spare time. I respect him a lot as not everyone could raise a child while working for about 10+ hours every day. It's just, I wish his boss would give him a break for once since it's been years since we physically met each other.

Putting my thoughts aside, he usually never calls me this early in the morning. Was it an emergency? Did something happen to him...?

Alright, I need to stop having these negative thoughts and answer his call. I've left him hanging for a minute, I don't intend to take any more precious work time from him.

I pressed the green round icon with a white silhouette of a phone and put the phone on speaker since no one was around me.

"Hello, Father?"

The caller was silent for a few seconds but then, a voice I did not recognize started to speak.

"Is this Matsuo Eiichiro I'm speaking to?" An unfamiliar voice entered my ears which seems to be the voice of a woman.

I was really confused as to why another person had my dad's phone and was calling me through his phone. Did he get in trouble? Did he perhaps found a new lady to call his wife and attempted to surprise me? I mean I wouldn't be any if he were to find a new woman I'm glad for him but damn couldn't he have told me the news properly?

Alright, I'm probably overthinking it. I should question who the person behind the phone is. My father might have gotten in an accident or something serious had happened to him.

"Who is this? And why do you have my father's phone with you?" I questioned the person using my father's phone. I was on guard since I didn't know if the person behind the phone was a threat or a good person.

"Please rest assured that we didn't do anything to your father. We only called to give you information that might save you and your family's life." The woman replied.

"What do you mean by saving me and my family's life. Are you implying that something might happen to us in the near future?" I asked a bit anxiously.