Chapter 51 - Luna

Daemon POV

"This is ridiculous," I groaned, turning to look at myself in the mirror. Sam, across the room, looked up from whatever she was doing and snorted.

"You look fine," she replied, and I turned my head and glared at her. Sam smiled cheekily, winked, and went back to looking at whatever she was doing. 

"Why do I have to do this? Can't we just do, like, a normal ceremony? Something small?" I asked, my voice taking on a whiny pitch. Sam snorted, standing up and walking over to me. She stopped behind me, looking me up and down in the mirror, and smiled. 

"Because this isn't something small. This is big for you, for us, this isn't something we can just sweep past." She stated, resting her hands on my shoulders. I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms across my chest. 

"Besides, all you have to do is stand on a stage and look pretty. After the ceremony you can stick around for a bit, and then you can go off and do whatever Daemon things you want to do," She laughed, and I rolled my eyes again, uncrossing my arms and swatting her hands off me. 

"Whatever," I mumbled, before turning back and adjusting the suit I had been stuffed into again. The jacket and pants were a light grey color, the undershirt black. The cufflinks and tie were a deep shade of blue, along with the little pocket thing that I couldn't care to remember the name of. It was a nice suit, I'm not going to lie, I just didn't want to be the one wearing it. 

 Sam chuckled softly, before turning on her heel and walking to the door. She stopped and looked back at me while she opened it.

"You'll be fine, I promise it isn't that bad." She gave me a reassuring smile and left the room. I sighed, turning away from the mirror and sitting on my bed, and began undoing the cufflinks.  I already knew I had to spend most of the day in here for some reason, so I wouldn't spoil the surprise of anything. Wouldn't it be better for me to know what I'm doing? You'd think, but apparently not. The only time I get to go out is shortly before the ceremony so I can get a run-through on where I have to stand and what I have to say and do, blah, blah, blah. 

So I'm stuck in our room until then.

Matias is off helping set up, Jamie is probably helping Matias in his own way, and Sam just walked out so now I'm all alone for another...I check the clock...hour or two. 

I sigh as I start to take the rest of the suit off so I don't wrinkle it sitting around. At least I don't have to wear it the whole day. 

___

An hour and a half passed before the bedroom door was once again opened, revealing Sam in all her glory. She smirked at me as I glared at her from the couch, a controller in my hands as I played Minecraft. 

"Alright dude, let's get this show on the road," She waved me over, and I quickly turned off the counsel, jumping up and walking over to her. I had changed into sweatpants and a random hoodie, knowing I would have enough time to come back up and change again before the ceremony. 

We walked out of the room, and on the way down and outside, Sam explained to me everything that we had to do. We were going down right now to go over the "rehearsal", and Sam was briefly explaining what that was going to be about. Basically where I had to stand, order of events, etc. 

"Any questions?" She asked as she held the door for me to head outside. I shook my head no and steeped out the big glass doors to the porch.

It was only a little after five by now, but the porch was decorated in the same fairy lights as last time, and it seemed to give the slowly fading day a bit of extra sparkle.