Wrath Chapter 10: Peace

A few moments back:

The Purge King ran away from the throne room in one of his many secret passages before heading towards the direction of his office, knowing that his counterpart is heading there to free one of his important and ONLY colors. While he ran towards his office, he began to think on the events that had transpired only minutes before:

'What the hell is going on?! This was nothing like the previous loops...damn my fucking counterpart! Now I have another random person with no colors! Damn it all to fucking hell!'

The Purge King's hatred for Natsuki Subaru increased as he started to see how the boy's involvement really damaged all of his original plans. He was well aware that Reinhard was going to attack, he was well aware that he was a target after having ordered Cecilus to kill Roswaal but he never expected to be facing a version of himself, someone who actually posed a threat to him.

No, not just a threat, but someone that had actionable intelligence in his schemes and plots. Someone that could undo all of his efforts easily. It was an impermissible feeling, the walls tightened around him and he felt even more suffocated. Who would've known a mere counterpart with little underworld experience could undo the Purge King so easily?

Ever since the two had met he hadn't realized just how much of a pain that man was, the person bearing the name Natsuki Subaru. He had eventually grown tired of his counterpart following him on each loop and constantly changing things for the worse, putting Emilia and Ram's lives at risk with the outside world.

With Ram, she was imprisoned to keep him sane, to remind him of someone who truly hates him. Yet, is it really that simple? How fastidious it was to lock someone up for years to enjoy their torment? Has he ever stopped to think about it even once? He had forgotten, he forgot a plethora of things since his mind always trembles and screams of agony.

He was doing this for Emilia's sake, as she is the only person he can allow himself to break down in front of, to feel some form of regret for the things he had done while also having some feelings for her. However, does he even have time to feel regretful? He resents locking her up, yet he knows she has a hidden ace to get out if things are dicey.

Yet, really? Is this what the Purge King is reduced to? A snivelling pissant. A hateful creature? He still struggled finding a way to reconcile with these facts.

While thinking about Emilia, a new thought came into his mind. Something from a previous loop had made him realize something.

'Wait...what about...Emilia-tan!'

The Purge King stopped dead in his tracks and quickly turned around to make his way towards the location of Emilia's room, starting to figure out that Petra was sent here to get Emilia out. This caused him to hit his head a couple of times with his right hand, having been stupid for not realizing it.

"Even she could betray me, a child! I should've seen it coming, those colors were a lie! A fucking lie...no, she is but a child. An innocent child that can be used as bait. Ha, what a fucking twisted individual you must be to send a child to such a place, Natsuki Fucking Subaru."

The Purge King's running increased in speed as he was left with nothing but hatred for his counterpart, seeing just how easily he used his colors against him. He ran for a bit until he accidently tripped on himself, not realizing that he had twisted his ankle when he stepped on the floor at a jarred angle.

He looked at his ankle for a moment before attempting to get up, ignoring the slight pain it was giving him but just as he was doing this, a familiar voice spoke out to him:

"Subaru?"

"Huh...?" The Purge King was confused by this voice since it was familiar, someone he trusts. He turned to see someone he did not expect to see, so soon and out of her gilded cage.