Chapter 1

Pain. Only pain. Suffering is the only thing Xiao could think about with that ridiculous karmatic depth. It was summer, which means, it was warm.

He couldn't bare it no longer and ran away from the Inn, without anyone noticing.
As he was running, and jumping with his head half up in the air, staring at the sky, Xiao found a water pool to stand in.

He looked around, and again, and again, until  he was sure no one was around. He sat down at a nearby rock and sighed, taking off his shoes and putting his feet in the cold water.
It was so much more better than being at the Inn all the time. At least, that was was he thought until he saw hillichurls approaching.

Quickly standing up, accidentally knocking over his shoes into the water, he grabbed his spear and attacked the hillichurls before they even got close.
What he didn't saw coming, was an Electro Abyss mage. "How in the world did it come here?.." He first thought, trying to not use too much of his power on this already hot day.

But it was no use, after a while, it became too much. Blood was dripping down his shoulders, and slowly falling into the water. He.. just couldn't anymore, but he needed to. He needed to or he couldn't--

Then suddenly, someone was approaching rapidly. He couldn't even see who it was as he passed out in the bloody water, faced up, luckily.

He saw nothing.. only black, black.. As black as his hair.. why.. why does he always come up in his head? Who even was that, that day that he saw?..

"Wake up!.. are you.... o....ay? X...o?.. Xiao? XIAO WAKE UP YOU'RE WORRYING ME!!"

"HUH?!- WHAT!"
Xiao said with a sharp tone, looking around as he saw Verr Goldet with a blurry vision, as her cat licked his face, licking up some left over blood.

His body could barely move and his legs seemed to be bandaged tightly. Probably to prevent any more bleeding. Xiao let out a sigh, as he tried to get up again.. but Verr pushed him down again.

"Xiao, I told you to take a rest. Look at you! It's burning hot outside and you're going out to train?!"

"..Hmph. As if you would understand anything."

"Ugh.. just.. go downstairs.. we already prepared as much almond tofu as you want to get you back on track. You're lucky that fellow brought you here.."

Xiao groaned and stood up, painfully though, wait.. what did she mean by "that fellow"? Who were they?

"Hey.. uh.. before I go.."
Xiao said, standing right above were to go if you'd wanna go downstairs

"What do you mean by.. that fellow? Who.. Who were they? Not as if I would care anyway. I would've made it out myself."

"Heh.. sure Xiao, don't worry a thing about it. And, he already left anyway"

"He?" Xiao thought in himself. So I've been saved by a guy.. ugh, probably another mortal with their ridiculous clans or such.

Xiao rolled his eyes, and walked downstairs, painfully, careful and slowly he reached his destination. He sat down at the table in the corner and silently ate his tofu. He didn't even enjoy it. His only thoughts and emotions were focused at what happened just now.

After a long time of eating, thinking and staring at nothing, Xiao was done with his plate. He sighed again, and looked at his bandaged leg, which was still bleeding. He just wanted to rip his leg off at this point.

He couldn't stop thinking about what happened just now, or was it already a long time ago? It doesn't matter. He still remembers it as the day as yesterday. The day he saw him.. if only he saw his face. If only he'd-

"Xiao, maybe you should go to sleep.. or at least rest a bit.. your leg and your body. Not just that, but also your brain.. you look like you haven't slept in--"

"That's because I don't! I don't sleep. Now leave me alone. I don't need sleep. Tch."

"Well.. you could try just... resting? Just laying down on your bed could really calm your head down! Please.. just try, at least?"
Verr Goldet was already kinda pushing him off his seat, Xiao just growled and stood up eventually

"If that is what you truly desire, fine. I guess I do owe you one.."

"Thank you, Xiao. But really, this is for yourself, alright?"

"Whatever.."
Xiao started walking away, up to the roof.
He had his own little spot created at the top, where a bed-looking thing was standing, which was placed by Verr Goldet.

He sighed and sat down at the "bed", thinking about what he should do.

After a while he just.. lied down, facing up in the sky. It was almost night already, but still it was flaming hot outside.
This caused Xiao to not be able to even shut an eye. The fact that someone could he watching him right now, is haunting him.

Swirling, turning, taking the blanket off, and on and off again.. Xiao couldn't find himself any rest with this weather. So he decided again to stand up, walking over to the sky.

It was pitch black now. He stared at the stars, oh.. how he wished it all just to end.. not his life, but the endless search for the young fellow he saw that day.

Verr Goldet walked in suddenly, as Xiao was standing at the end of the window, which appeared to be the wrong idea for her

"No! Xiao don't do it! Please.." tears formed into her eyes

"What. You think I'll fall? Tch.." Xiao didn't even bother to look around now he knew it was only her in his "room"

"Huh... oh, you're just looking outside, aren't you?"
Verr Goldet walked over to him and put her hand on his shoulder, which he quickly again pulled away

"You should really try to sleep.. Xiao.. I know it's warm, and you're in pain, but I promise it'll be better after a good night sleep."

Xiao looked back at her, rolled his eyes and walked back to his "bed".

"I'll try. If you leave me alone."
he turned away from her and lied down again.

"Please.. do your best, Xiao. I believe in you.."
And she walked away again. Xiao sighed. He didn't want to sleep, he found it useless.. but even after a while, his eyes started to get tired.
"No.. I.. I can't sleep yet.. I'm not.. I.."

But it was no use, before Xiao knew, he was already in a new dream, and a new day.

------------------------------------------------------------------

1123 words, phew- I hope you enjoyed! I'll be sure to make more soon! See you~ (≧▽≦)