VIJAYDHARI AND RASHMIRATHI

Karna reached anga after two days. Seeing the condition of Anga he wasn't shocked but was sad. Anga was as Bheeshma described poor and barren. The kingdon was more like 2-3 village big. The people there were struggling just to survive. Everyone fom old to your were severely malnourished. They looked like they hadn't eaten for days. They were so thirsty that they were involuntarily gulping. He came down the horse. The first thing he did was to shoot varunastra to make it rain in Anga for people to drink water and store it. The varunastra countinued to rain for half hour. The people of anga brought their utensils out to store water. After that Karna ordered one of soldiers to bring everyone in Anga at one place with big utensils and plate.

After 1 hour everybody came together. Karna then ordered to gather big utensils together. He then took his pouch and opened it facing towards empty utensils, he then chanted the mantras and utensils were magically filled with food. Karna then told everyone to eat first. The people of Anga were confused first by such strange request for gathering but after seeing the food they immediately began to fill their plate with food and eat happily. Karna too took out a plate and started eating with them.

After solving immediate problem for his people. Karna introduced himself to the people. They were shocked seeing their new king eating with them. Karna then asked the problem from his subjects. It seemed like every thing was problem there but most probable were lack of resources, money, food and water. Karna assured them he will soon get ri of all these problems. Water and food were first and foremost most problem of Anga. Food he can manage due to his boon but for water he has to something. He while at Hastinapur has asked Bheeshma to send one last peace offering to Magadh. He knew he was new king sending his own messenger would have messenger killed so he asked messenger from Hastinapur as his representative to Jarasandh. He would not dare to kill Hastinapur's messenger.

In the evening messenger cme with grave expression. He has a scroll and written proposal with him. Karna took the scroll and stated reading.

New king of independent Anga,

I jarasandh refuse your peace proposal, that dam is mine I will not release water for your kingdom, what can you do.

Coward , who is just hiding behind Hastinapur, you don't have even guts to send your own messenger.

I am doing yagya tomorrow if you have guts then come. I have already capture hundred required kings for sacrifice but I am sure the lord's wouldn't mind 101 sacrifice. Who knows your sacrifice will allow me to get extra boon.

I sincerely doubt that, I know you wouldn't come if it was kshtriya reading and this letter he would surely come because of his kshatriya pride but I know you are a suta who got this kingdom in charity. Surely you wouldn't come. Take solace in fact your kingdom is too small for my appetite so it be safe from my wrath but it will always suffer from poverty and hunger.

You low cast vermin, you think because Hastinapur is with you you could demand something from me the great Jarasandh. Worry not once my yagna is done I will conquer Hastinapur first. I have heard Hastinapur Princess Dushala  is very beautiful. I would kill everyone there and make her mine.

Jarasandh king of magadha

Karna was furious reading this especially about Dushala. He can hear and not care about insults thrown at him but for whom he considers as family they were his reverse scale and Jarasandh has dared to look at Dushala with bad intentions. He told messenger to return to Hastinapur.