|60| All good things must come to an end

GOOD·BYE:

/ɡo͝odˈbī/

used to express good wishes when parting or at the end of a conversation.

The wind blows my hair softly causing a few strands to cover my face. I gently push the misplaced strands behind my ear. As I watch the clouds slowly move up in the blue sky the sun is out shining ever so bright birds flying over the trees and I just continue staring at the view in front of me. So many days have passed. Where did the days go? I wonder.

In two weeks we won't be high school students anymore. It is already June and where the hell did all the time go. It's funny how six months passed in a flash. How much I learned about my friends and how new friendships were formed like with me and Ryan and him with the rest of the girls along with the pending friendship with Zeke.

Brooke disappeared off of the face of the earth. After we got back from Colorado Jacob said all her things weren't at his house anymore and when schools opened she didn't come back to school. Rumors spread across the school about how she had been scouted as a catalogue model and moved to somewhere in South America, specifically Brazil or was it Columbia I am not sure. No one really knows, not even her closest confidants Olivia and Gwyneth. Both of them stopped talking after she left. They spent the rest of their senior year as nobodies. No one paid attention to them; occasionally I would see them just walking aimlessly in the hallway, with a few other superficial friends they made separately. It was sad as I would occasionally see them mimic Brooke how talked, how she acted, dressed even how she made meaningless relationships. It was like what she taught them had been embedded into their psyche and now they didn't know how to act without her. How pitiful it was to see them try to navigate how to think for themselves but ultimately make the same decisions she would have. It's like they couldn't think for themselves.

Maybe they missed her and maybe their friendship was deeper than they thought it was, perhaps they meant more to each other than they thought. Because I cannot say they didn't seem hurt if someone ever questioned the whereabouts of their friend yet neither of them could answer.

I wonder where she went. Did she truly go off somewhere and did she manage to escape her mother? Was she happy? Did she regret all the things she did, the way she lived? Considering how she treated me and pushed me to near death I shouldn't even care whether she is dead or alive but I can't help but wonder. It's not that I pity her nor do I wish for her sins to go unpaid for I can't even say I forgive her or I don't hate her but wishing illness upon her is something I refuse to do. For I will never let myself become her. Wherever she is I hope she can forgive herself and try to atone for sins.

Cameron Carter on the other hand couldn't bear the thought of losing her. He went on a rampage when he realized she had left without a word but this time he didn't have Jacob to keep him level headed. Or Zeke to tell him it was time to let her go or even Ryan to stop him from drowning from the thought of losing her. He was alone.

I don't know if he ever truly loved her or if it was just a borderline obsession either way after knowing she had left and he couldn't get a hold of her he went into a spiral he was even more obnoxious than usual he got arrested a few times for drinking and driving. Eventually he got expelled from school after sexually assaulting a sophomore who had forest green eyes, red hair and deep dimples she resembled Brooke in a way. I guess he was infatuated by it and thought he didn't need her as long as someone looked like her he would be fine. He had been rejected multiple times and until he snapped and did the unthinkable. His love for her wasn't real, he just wanted someone or rather something that made feel important. Perhaps he had gone hysterical after all his friends had left him and when the girl he thought loved left he just lost it. Maybe Brooke didn't just escape her mother but she managed to escape him too.