Chapter one ✔️

Andy Anders

"Are you excited about classes starting tomorrow?" Scarlet asks next to me out of breath while grabbing her water bottle.

I roll my eyes and then grab mine to take a huge gulp of it. "Definitely not." I say between sips until my water bottle is empty.

I'm starting my second year of college tomorrow at Stanford University. And let's just say that I'm not all too excited about it. Don't get me wrong, I take my shit seriously in school but it's never been my favorite thing to do. But Stanford was one of my dreams schools so I couldn't really complain. I got a cheerleading scholarship here so it was the best of both worlds. Me getting into my dream college and also still cheering.

My parents got me my own place a few miles down the road because they wanted me to learn to be on my own. Like that really meant anything since I've been on my own for as long as I can remember. I didn't mind one bit though. I could do whatever the fuck I want now without having my parents breathe down my back.

I start stretching out my now sore limbs from cheer practice when Scarlet speaks up again, "You're coming to the party afterwards right?" It came out as a question but sounded more like a demand.

Is she kidding right now? I get high off the thought of getting fucked up.

"You do realize who you're talking to right?" I scoff at her and roll my eyes again as I start packing up my cheer bag.

Scarlet takes out her ponytail and her dark red hair falls down her shoulders.

"Right." She grits out with a fake smile. "I'll see you there!" She says before running inside to what I would assume to take a shower.

I pull my bag over my shoulder and start walking inside to take a shower as well.

I wouldn't really consider Scarlet my best friend, she's just always been there. Ever since cheer tryouts freshman year we kind of just clicked...in a way that says we both love to have a good time and thought that we should be friends and go out together. We don't have anything in common besides the fact that we both crave going to parties and getting shit faced. Other than that, she's basically a stranger to me.

After my shower and getting dressed in clean clothes, I check my phone to not only see that it's almost 8pm, but to see that Scarlet texted me saying and I quote, "Hurry the fuck up and get here!"

Stuffing my phone in my pocket, I start heading to my car. It's only about a fifteen minute drive so I got to the party fairly quick.

Upon walking in, I notice that it is filled with all the cheerleaders and most of the football and basketball players. I make it to the kitchen and pour myself just one drink since I have to drive home. I still plan on making out with someone tonight and I intend to be sober doing it.

"Andy!" I hear Scarlet's scratchy high pitched voice boom behind me. I turn around just in time for her to jump on me. I can already smell the alcohol and nicotine on her breath. She hands me the cigarette in her hand and I take it with a smile before taking a hit of it. I love the smell of smoke and I love to do it too.

I have a problem I know.

"Ready to get fucked up?" Scarlet wiggles her brows at me and holds up her hand that has two pills in them. I know what they are and my mouth almost waters at the sight of it. But I'm driving home so I gotta be responsible for once.