|95| ~Operation Taking Cyrus Down Pt2~

Unedited.
Cyrus POV.

"Where the fuck are the guards," hiss Luscious as we pull up to my estate gates. For some odd reason, my home has miraculously been abandoned. I guess today's the day that everyone wants to die.

Speaking of which, the three of us just returned from slaughtering another pack. The thrill from my kills still rushes through my veins, dog blood still drips from my lips.

"My guess is as good as yours," Seneca answers Luscious. His shirt is tattered. One of the dogs managed to get their filthy paws in him. Don't ask me how but they did. Scarlet red stains across his chest and arms, even though the blood that marks his skin doesn't belong to him.

It's the only evidence left from his previous vicious kill to be quite candid.

"I guess everyone has a death wish," snarls Luscious, voicing my opinion. Instead, of engaging in the conversation I just pull the armrest back and relax. I just need a single moment to myself.

My head hurts and I have a feeling that my troubles are about to go from bad to worst. It doesn't take Seneca miraculously brain to comprehend that my mate is up to something. I don't know what or how she even managed to make my soldiers sign their own death warrants, but she did.

Now, that's some really scary shit, even though I'll never admit it. Oh, Fuck! I'm screwed.

By the time, that Seneca pulls into the circular driveway. I've more than enough time to compose and brace myself for whatever the night has in store, or more like whatever Embry has in store.

The blazing sun is sinking, even though there is snow covering the ground, my sensitive ears detect birds chirping as I step out of the truck. I've made it home just in time for sunset just like my beloved demanded. The refreshing breeze blows through my soaked and bloody hair. It's a little warmer than it has been in a while. The weather is quickly shifting. Spring is surely on the horizon.

My steps falter when I open the door to the estate and find that the inside is also empty as hell. It looks like a ghost town in here."What the heck?' Luscious once again voice my opinion out loud.

"Hello, Luscious," says no one other than Speck. She's dressed to impress and if I didn't know personally that she just recently spent a night in hell. I would have never guessed it.

Vlad's mate Abigail and my beloved cousin are also present, matching Speck fly in every way.

"Who the fuck let the dogs out?" Luscious spits as he turns around to face Seneca.

"Don't look at me," shrugs Seneca. "I'm just as clueless as you."

"Who me," answers the dog with a smirk. Apparently, this is another soul who has a guaranteed death wish. "I believe that would be my cousin. In fact, the two of you know her pretty well, right Cyrus," she has the nerve to say as she looks me directly in the eye.

The audacity! How dare she address me like I'm her equal? The nerve of this mutt.

I turn to face the door and take a deep breath. Breathe, Cyrus! Breathe! With each passing second, it's becoming harder and harder for me not to release the beast within me.

Luscious is also struggling. From the corner, of my now bleeding red vision, I can see his jaw muscles tightening as steam blow out of his nose. Seneca on the other hand seems to be quite entertained, to say the least. He's leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and a big wide grin plastered across his lips.

Vlad's human beloved looks positively horrified. She's the only one here who isn't even trying to put on a brave face. Not that it matters anyway because her heartbeat is beating so damn loud, I can hear her terror. In all honesty, it is actually quite ironic when you considered the fact that she's the safest person here.