Chapter Twenty-two

~ His little hands stole my heart and his little feet ran away with it ~

The house was busy, Alec had a number of people helping him out. "I need this finished by 12." Alec shouts stressfully. "Calm down." I say pecking his lips "I want his birthday to be perfect." Alec says smiling. "It will be as long as we are both there." I say smiling at him, he smiles back. "Well Mrs Royal, you go and make sure you look beautiful for the guests as well as the children." Alec says smiling at me, he leans down and pecks my head, he then shoo's me up the stairs while he and his friends carried on setting up for the party.

By 1 the house was decorated perfectly with blue ballons and banners which read 'Happy Birthday Jett' in big bold writing. The doorbell rang "I'll get it." Alec says walking towards the door, he wore a white and black suit "Smile boys." He says looking over at Theo and Cooper, they smile widely, Alec pulls the door open, My mom stood there with my dad, Jordan and Kassie, Jordan held on to a . "Hello sweety." They both say with a smile on their faces. "Hi Mom, Dad." I say hugging them both, I step aside to allow them entry and they all walk in. "I can't believe my Grandson's three." My mom says shocked. I smile, I couldn't either.

*FlashBack*

It was a cold night, it wasn't raining but the wind howled, I couldn't sleep, I felt uncomfortable, I tossed and turned in the bed quietly, I didn't want to wake my grandparents up in the next room. My stomach tightened and I took deep breaths, suddenly a gush of water soaked my bedsheets "Nanna!" I call loudly, My grandma and Grandpa rush in. "Honey what's wrong?" They both say. "My waters, They've broken, the baby's coming early." I say panicked, My grandma pulls my hospital bag from under the bed while my grandpa helped me up. He helped me to the car and shut the door once I was in, My grandma climbed in the back next to me while my Grandpa started the car engine, he drove to the hospital, I panted and groaned as my contractions happened more frequently.

We arrived at the hospital, I was quickly rushed in to a delivery room, My midwife, Anna, was the best, she made sure I was comfortable until I was ready to push.

I screamed as I done the last push, it was silent, it wasn't crying. "What's wrong with my baby?" I sob to Anna, she doesn't say a word, instead she rushes to where my baby laid, there was about 5 midwifes around my tiny baby. "Please get my nanna." I cry to one of the midwifes, she disappears and soon my grandma rushes in. "Nanna." I sob, she hugs me. "Don't you worry sweety, that baby is a carter, a fighter." She says reassuringly. I smile through the tears, minutes later, a high pitch cry fills the hospital room, Anna brings him over wrapped in a blue blanket. "Congratulations, It's a boy." She says with a smile on her face, I looked down at him, Instantly I fell in love, I knew I would protect him with my life, from anything or anyone. "Jett Carter." I murmur to my grandma looking up. "Jett sounds perfect." She says with a smile on her face.

*End of Flashback*

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to Jett, Happy birthday to you." We all sung as Ashton carried Jett's motor bike cake out, He smiled happily as the cake was placed in front of him. "Make a wish son." Ashton says to him quietly, Jett closes his eyes for a moment and then blows the candles out. "Hip Hip Horrayy." Everyone shouts and cheers.

Jett walked over to me and sat on my lap. "Have you had a good day?" I ask looking at him, he smiles. "The best day ever, did you know about this?" I shake my head. "Alec done it all." I say with a smile on my face. "Wow." He says shocked. "Mommy, do you wanna know what I wished for?" He asks me looking up at me, I shake my head "You're wish won't come true if you tell me." I say kissing his head, he smiles and nods his head. "Fine, Mommy can I open my presents now?" He asks me. I shake my head "later, Go play, I think Zyler has just came." I say pointing over to the little boy. Jett jumps off my lap happily and runs off, he halts and quickly turns around, he runs towards me and kisses my cheek, he then turns around and runs off. I walk over to my Grandma Ellen who was sitting holding Eli, his big blue eyes stared up at her. "Are you okay Nanna?" I ask her. She smiles and nods. "Fine now go and assist on your son's birthday, I've got Eli." She says shooing me away. I walk over to the bbq where Alec and his brother Luca were talking amongst themselves, Alec held Theo in his arms "Bad Luca!" Theo says smacking his head, Alec chuckles "Bad Luca." Alec says sternly, Luca chuckles. "Stop teaching him to hit." I say sternly at Alec. As soon as Theo sees me he puts his arms out, I quickly take him in my arms resting him on my hips "Bad Alec." Theo says sternly, I nod "Bad Alec." I repeat. "Are you okay babe?" He says walking over to me so he was towering me, he quickly pecks me on the cheek. "I'm fine, I just wanted to thank you for today." I say with a smile on my face. "I'll do anything for this family." He says hanging his head down to kiss me. "Gross get a room." Luca says, Theo put's his arms out to Luca and Luca takes him. "Wanna go have a turn on the karts?" Luca says to Theo, Theo nods his head and soon they gone.