chapter 22- mcdonald's

despite tubbo's devious plan to rick-roll us, karaoke was really fun. we sang our hearts out for an hour and a half and had a great time.

once our time runs out, tommy tugs on my sweater sleeve to start complaining.

"i'm hungry!" he whines.

"you planned out this day!" i tell him. "you tell us where we're eating."

"oh yeah!" tommy gets out his phone. "it's kinda far... i say we go to wilbur's car!"

i turn to aubrey.

"what about your car?" i ask her.

"oh, i took an uber here," aubrey replies calmly.

"why..?"

"because i assumed we'd all carpool? i'm hoping your car can fit four people."

"IT CAN!" tommy shouts as he climbs into the backseat. "IT'S VERY ROOMY IN HERE!" aubrey shrugs.

"how did he get in?" i ask as i check my pockets for my keys. they aren't there and i scowl. of course that little goblin somehow snaked my keys.

"okay, sick. i call shotgun," she says with a grin. she runs to the passenger side of the car and gets in the front seat, waving me over to get into the driver's seat. tubbo begrudgingly gets into the backseat, arms crossed, probably not looking forward to sharing the backseat with tommy.

i snap out of my trance and slide into the driver's seat, then snatch my keys back from the demon child. i then stick my the keys into the ignition and the car starts up. i nod my head towards aubrey's phone, hinting to her that she has aux privileges. she grins as she scrolls through her playlists and shuffles a random one. the first song that plays is a chase atlantic song that i've never heard of, so i sit back and drive casually as i listen.

"we're here!" tommy announces. i look to my right and see where we are. i let out a long sigh.

"mcdonald's?" i ask. "really? this was your big plan?"

"yup!" tommy hops excitedly out of the car. "i think i want a happy meal. what toys do they have this month?" he turns to tubbo and the darker haired boy shrugs.

"you know," aubrey says casually. "i've actually never had mcdonald's."

tubbo, tommy, and i freeze in our tracks.

"did she just say..?" tubbo begins as he slowly turns his head towards aubrey. aubrey stands next to the black car awkwardly as she smiles uncomfortably. i gawk at her.

"how is that-"

"UNACCEPTABLE!" tommy interrupts me after handing his phone to tubbo. tubbo continues the recording tommy started when he jumped out of the car.

tommy grabs aubrey's arm and drags her through the parking lot.

"you psychopath," he mutters under his breath. "can't believe this shit."

"sorry..?" aubrey offers.

"a fake apology isn't good enough. it's time to experience paradise."

"mcdonald's is far from paradise," i chime in. "it's just cheap-"

"i don't want to hear it, wilbur."

"okay. someone's defensive over mcdonald's."

"to be frank," tubbo says. "it's not even that goo-"

"finish that sentence," tommy cuts him off. "and see what happens."

aubrey and tubbo quiver in fear. i shrug. i'm used to this.