chapter fifty-six: perfect timing

[Wollie ❤️]:
i got my phone back ^^

[Fullsun ☀️]:
Wowwwwwww
Congratulations~

[Wollie ❤️]:
....
what kind of a half-hearted reaction is that??
anyways, know whst my manager said the reason our CEO left for jeju so suddenly?

[Fullsun ☀️]:
What?

[Wollie ❤️]:
apparently, someone from SM Entertainment called for a meeting regarding our 'live issue' last time and he didn't want to associate himself with them so he ran away

[Fullsun ☀️]:
HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHA
He's my idol now

  "What are you smiling at?" Johnny spots the smiley idol and Haechan puts down his phone.

  It's always Johnny.

  The younger shuts the screen before standing to walk away. "Just stuff."

  Johnny watches him and espies a new detail. "Got a new bracelet?"

  Haechan lifts his wrist that wears a sparkling silver bracelet which holds a jewel moon charm.

  The way it shines and reflects under the light makes it almost seem magical.

  But the emotional value it carries is much, much more priceless.

  He smiles. "You could say that."

  It's actually one of the advanced gifts Eunwol left him for his birthday before- along with the teddy bear and the message recorded in it.

  She said it would be unfair if she took all of his hoodies- keeping something of his with her when he got nothing of hers.

  So, the bracelet was kind of a trade or fair deal.

  Although, she does have another one of it.

  "So, what happened?" Doyoung asks him- clearly referring to how he escaped from Johnny's clutches and made a quick getaway to GALA Entertainment.

  Hyuck sits at the table. "Nothing bad."

  "Okay, yeah, but what?" Taeyong urges.

  "Why do you want to know, hyung?" The younger doesn't even bother to look as he gets his meal prepared.

  Johnny nudges him. "Hey, sportsmanship."

  His sudden use of the English word makes them furrow at first before they understand.

  "I met up with Eunwol and we cleared all misunderstandings. The reason she hasn't been replying is because her manager took her phone due to the articles made because of the so-called live mishap last time," their unit's maknae explains before shoving a spoonful of rice into his mouth to avoid answering any more questions.

  The three other nod wordlessly but, their exchange of eye contact clearly shows that they have something more to say.

  "So... Are you guys like, back together now?" Johnny asks slowly and Haechan, being the sassy one he is, creates suspense by taking his time with chewing his food.

  Everyone stares intently at the youngest until Doyoung's had enough.

  "Ya, if you don't say anything in the next 10 seconds, I won't be making you any more food,"he threatens and Hyuck chokes on his rice.

  "Okay, okay!" He surrenders and gulps down his soup. "The answer is... you'll know soon."

  They frown at his vague answer but he skips away before they can push further.

-

  CODE is on their way to their schedule and the members are occupied with their own activities- Daia is sleeping, Haemi is going through her rap lines, Yena is listening to the songs they're gonna perform while Moon is staring out the window.

  Haemi looks at her and sees her wrists that are resting on her lap. "You're finally wearing it."

  Moon lifts her wrist that carries a silver bracelet adorned with a jewel sun charm. "Yeah. It's about time. It doesn't feel heavy, anymore."

  "Good for you," Haemin genuinely feels for their member.
"But, why now, though? Like, specifically."

  A mysterious grin stretches on Eunwol's face. "Because those 'scandals' that keep building up is the perfect excuse."