Chapter 5

Malarie's POV

Beige walls and expensive furniture, is all I have been looking at for a week and five days. If you haven't guessed it by now, Jason has been keeping me locked up in his bedroom for days. Though that doesn't stop him from harassing me, or cuddling up to me at night. Which I hate with a passion! If I do not cuddle up with him, or kiss him back... I get hit. I am grateful he's letting me use the bathroom at least, but he doesn't let me bathe. That absolutely disgusts me, and it's even nastier he still wants to cuddle me. I'm lonely, sad, depressed and hungry.

He was feeding me until two days ago- when tried to escape once again. I'm never going to stop trying. My mama always said "Even if you're tired, you keep on trying until you have reached it." And that's exactly why I haven't given up yet. And I won't, even if it earns me a punitive from him. It's not like he hasn't put his hands on me before. My family is the only thing I have been thinking about, this entire time here. It seems like years have gone by since I've seen them all. Whereas in reality it's only been a week, and a half. Well a week and five days to be exact. I wonder how my best friend Cierra is doing, or what color the caps and gowns will be at graduation. Many thoughts have ran through my mind, while being here against my will. But none of them could be answered for me.

The sound of gunshots being fired, made me jump up from my spot on the floor. Snapping me right out of my daze I have been in for the past hour. I still have not gotten used to the sound of the constant shots being fired. They all sound, around four o'clock every day. I know that, because there's a clock here in his bedroom. I watch almost every day. Constantly, just watching time slowly passing by. There's no other type of electronics in this room that I know of. No television, phone, computer, or even a radio to listen to. So I've taken quite an interest in clocks lately. Just mesmerized how the ticking noise gets louder every time an hour hits. Or how there's 86400 seconds in a day. The more time I spend locked up in this room. The more time that passes on, making the pain in my heart hurt uncontrollably.

"Did you fucking hear me?" Jason sneers grabbing my arm, snapping me out my trance. "Huh?"I shake my thoughts away.

"See that's exactly why you're always getting in trouble. You don't fucking listen to me!" He yells in my face, getting spit all over me. "I'm sorry." I whispered, looking down.

"Yeah you will be, if you don't start listening to what I say." His eyes were like lethal weapons, burning into my body. "I will." I quietly mumbled, not wanting to get on his bad side.

"SPEAK UP!" He shook me with little to no sympathy. "I said I will." I spoke a little louder, not daring to look into his eyes.

"That's better, come on let's get you something to eat." He uttered nonchalantly, grabbing my wrist firmly. Probably leaving a nasty bruise, from the amount of pain he's putting me through. Did he say something to eat? God thank you, I am starving.

We headed downstairs- well Jason dragged me downstairs. Where I came in contact with nine other men, all with their faces uncovered. They're most likely the men who helped kidnapped me. I look passes them, gazing at the table, seeing all types of delicious foods.

Since I haven't ate breakfast or lunch today, I'm guessing its dinner food. There was macaroni, pasta, salad, chicken, biscuits, and other types of mixed vegetables all laid out on the table. All the food practically made me drool on spot. My mouth was so dry, not having any food or water for two in a half days is torture.

"Well come on sit down." Jason spoke, already sitting at the head of the table.

I quickly walked to an open seat next to an African American man, who was eating like there was no tomorrow. He looked up at me with a mouth full of pasta, and smiled at me cutely. I almost instantly blushed, turning to face anywhere but him. It's not that I wasn't attracted to him, it's just I haven't had anyone smile or hug me in a loving way... in a week. With him smiling sweetly like that, he reminded me of my older brother Greg. I guess Jason didn't like our "little moment", because he slammed his hand on the table and stood up pointing an accusing finger at me.