10

TW: ABUSE

When Maria entered her house, her father was already standing there waiting for her, and she froze in fear.

"Care to explain this?" her father spits, thrusting out his phone for her to see the video playing on it.

The video was of Iris and Maria shouting out the car windows, telling people to fuck off with their middle fingers as the car drove down the street at an illegal speed.

"Dad, it's not what it looks like, I-"

"Really?" He laughs humorlessly. "Because to me, it looks like you still haven't learned your damn lesson. Do you have any idea how much this could ruin us?"

Maria stays quiet, because this is how her father plays. Talk back and get slapped, or stay quiet and take the humiliation.

"I thought I had taught you correctly," her father sighs. "Apparently not."

"I have!" Maria cries, desperate. "P-please, I—"

"Shut up!" her father snaps, taking her by the hair and dragging her to the living room.

Maria cries as she's pushed onto the couch, shouting in fear when he lifts her shirt up and presses his knee onto her lower back to keep her still.

"This'll teach you," he mutters to himself, taking his belt and bending it in half.

Crack!

Maria screams in pain as his belt slaps down on her skin. The pain felt like a tidal wave, and with every slap he delivered onto her back, she felt herself drowning deeper and deeper.

Maria cried at the top of her lungs for help, crying until her throat was raw, but he didn't stop. Not until he was satisfied.

"There," he says, clearing his throat. Deep down, he knew he took it too far, but he would do anything to keep his image. "Now, I'm going to sleep. I hope you can finally act like you're supposed to."

Maria releases a broken sob into the cushion of the couch as he walks away, and she shuts her eyes tightly until she knows he's upstairs.

Then, she bolts for the door.

The pain grew tenfold as she tried running down the street, her legs more stumbling than anything. It felt like every step she took, the pins and needles on her back got worse, but she wouldn't dare stop. Not until she was away from that monster.

Upon seeing the familiar house, Maria lets out a cry of relief and bangs her fist against the front door, the tears gliding down her cheeks at an alarming pace.

"He—"

"Iris!" Maria cries, falling into her arms. "It hurts. It hurts!"

Panicked, Iris takes her inside and kicks the door shut behind her. Maria was crying hysterically in her arms and Iris, unaware of her injuries, patted her back to comfort her. Maria let out another scream of pain.

"What's going on?" Taehyung shouts as he races down the stairs.

"Lock everything up," Iris orders, guiding Maria to the couch.

"Don't hurt me," Maria whimpers brokenly.

"I won't, baby doe," Iris says softly, helping her lay down on her stomach. "I'm here to help you."

Iris peels off Maria's shirt slowly and sets her jaw at the injuries painted all over her back. There was a mixture of red and black welts, and the sight made Iris sick to her stomach.

"I'll be right back," Iris reassures her, running towards the medicine cabinet and ripping it open. She rummages through everything before finding a cream to help with the inflammation and bruising, and then she grabs a couple freezer packs.

"I'm here," Iris says as she enters the room.

She immediately got to work spreading the cream along Maria's back, and every cry of pain had her heart sinking to her stomach.

"Here," Taehyung offers gently, placing pain pills in Maria's mouth before tipping the glass of water back so she could swallow it down. "I'll call Jimin."

Maria whimpers at his name, wanting nothing more than the honey-blonde to be here.

Iris sends Taehyung a thankful smile before placing the ice packs on Maria's back, and then she pulls the blankets over top of her. After she was done, she sat on the floor by Maria's head and stroked her hair to try and help her go to sleep.

"You're fighting it," Iris smiles at Maria's heavy eyes.

"Jimin," Maria mumbles, and Iris sighs.

"Jimin will be here soon," Iris says, looking over her shoulder to see Taehyung on the phone with him.

And Jimin did come soon. As soon as he heard that Maria was hurt, he ran to his car and drove at an incredibly illegal speed to get to her.

But she was already asleep by the time he arrived, and Jimin walked towards her with worried eyes.

"What the hell happened?" he asks.

"I don't know," Iris says quietly, lifting the blankets for Jimin.

The honey-blonde's eyes zero in on the bruises on her back, and his hands grew into fists.

"I'll kill them," he growls, voice laced with venom. "Whoever it was, I'll fucking kill them."

Please remember that you are safe here with me and that I know reading abusive scenes can put people in a bad headspace. So i'm here, giving you a virtual hug (a really big one!) and reminding you that this is purely fiction !

Also, i'm very bad at spacing out my posting... djdjdk i just wanna post so many chapters at once.