11

When Maria woke up, her body felt heavy. Her eyes blinked open to see Taehyung and Iris asleep on the opposite couch while Jimin was sitting against the couch she was on, his neck definitely in an uncomfortable position.

Maria tries to sit up but groans at the pain in her back, laying back down on the pillow. Jimin's puffy eyes blinked open at the sound and he looked over his shoulder. "Hey."

"Don't move your neck too quickly," Maria murmurs, moving a hand to hold the back of his neck.

Jimin grunts, turning around so he's sitting on his knees in front of her. "How could you possibly be worried about my damn neck right now?"

Maria smiles sheepishly and watches as he slowly stands and stretches his hands over his head, her eyes following his happy trail down and down...

"Do you need anything?"

Maria blinks, looking up at him. "Can you take the ice bags off my back? I think they melted."

Jimin nods, crawling on the couch behind her and lifting her shirt up. Jimin frowns at the winces he receives once he takes the ice bags off, and he lets his thumb run over one of the bruises on her back gently.

"I'll kill them," he says, softly, as he drags his thumb up her spine. "I'm serious, kitten."

"I know," she gulps.

"I'll get you a shirt. I always keep spare clothes here," Jimin says, leaving before she could protest.

Maria sighs and looks over at the sleeping couple. Taehyung was snoring but Iris kicked his leg, and he grumbled as he wrapped his arms tighter around her from behind. They were a cute couple, she thought.

"Here," Jimin says softly as he re-enters the room, a white shirt in hand.

He sets in aside momentarily to help her slowly sit up, and she looks up at him from her lashes as his fingers fiddled with the bottom of her shirt.

"Eyes on me," he murmurs, his voice holding a slight rasp.

Maria obeys, holding eye contact with him as he slowly drags the shirt up over her head. Her cheeks burned at his intense gaze and she itched to cover herself, but he was already helping her into the new shirt, the material falling to her mid-thigh.

"Thank you," she mumbles.

Jimin sighs, crouching down in front of her and taking her hands in his. "Was it him?"

"Who?" she whispers, looking away.

"I'm not stupid," Jimin growls, tightening his fingers around hers. "Was it him or not?"

Maria looks back at him with glossy eyes, and that was enough for him to know his answer.

Jimin stands, hand reaching behind him to grab the gun hidden in his back, but a gentle tug to his shirt makes him stop.

"Stay," she pleads.

Jimin looks down at her for a few seconds before his hand falls away from the gun, the weapon still unknown to Maria. He sat down and moved her slowly so that she was laying on top of him, and then he laid back on the couch. That was the only way both of them would fit.

"We'll talk about it later," he says more than asks, and she could only nod against the crook of his neck, falling back asleep in the comfort of the man holding her so gently.