ch.5

________________________________________________

Lia was now seated in front of Mark in the living room as he cleaned up a few bruises and cuts she received during their mission but she was awfully quiet.

"What happened!?" Taeyong yelled walking into the room causing the girl to flinch but remaining quiet.

"Lee ayva." He stared at her waiting for a response but receiving nothing.

"She killed our lead." Yuta scoffed, walking past the room and heading upstairs not wanting to witness an angry Taeyong.

"This is the fourth time Ayva.We're never going to know who killed our parents at this rate!" He pointed a finger at the girl who stared out the window from across the room.

"You're too emotional for missions relating to this. I'm not letting you do them anymore."

Hearing this the girl turned her head to her brother almost instantly. "No you can't" she whispered almost inaudibly.

"Get your shit together ayva. Our sister is in China alone trying to help save the business. If anyone finds out she'll be dead next." Taeyong ran his fingers through his stressed hair.

"It's lia." She sighed, becoming frustrated.

"Technically, wayv is with her." Donghyuck added trying to lighten the mood to which the siblings just glared at him.

"Alright whatever. Just so you know after the earpieces cut off, the interrogations were not working so there's nothing else we could have done.'' Donghyuck nodded towards Lia trying to help defend her.

"Jungwoo, help doyoung fix the earpieces." he looked away realizing donghyuck was right. If their lead wasnt budging or afraid of torture they couldnt just let him walk away.

Not saying anything further, lia got up heading to her room on the second floor. Closing the door behind her, she sighed, running her fingers through her hair before opening the window and jumping out. She slipped through the several trees and bushes that surrounded the secluded area where they lived.

It felt like she had walked for hours before she came to a familiar spot that had an open view of a lake. She took in the cool air and smiled seeing the same swing still hanging from a tree. Walking over, her fingers grazed along the tree where there were still carvings of little drawings she would do to calm her nerves.

She crouched down taking her green switchblade from the belt she still had on from their mission earlier.

"Princess."

Upon hearing the familiar voice, Lia rolled her eyes already annoyed with his presence. "What are you doing here?"

jeno smirked, strolling towards the girl with his hands in his pocket. He was surprised to see her at his 'spot' as he often came late at night, usually never alone though. "I always come here."

He lowered his gaze seeing the switchblade in her hand and then back to the tree. "You did all of those?" He pointed to the carvings on the tree before taking a seat on the empty swing.

Ignoring his question she frowned, still thinking back on his previous statement. "Since when?"

Jeno shrugged, turning to look at the lake present in front of them after noticing the blood stains on her black jeans. "Did you hurt yourself? you kno-"

"No." Lia sighed, finally standing up. "Can you leave?"

"Sorry sweetheart." He mumbled not moving and smiling as the girl groaned sitting on the ground near the tree stump.

The two stayed like that for an hour in quietness, neither saying anything but equally having alot on their mind.

"Do you need a ride ba-" jeno started seeing as it was already 1am.

"No-" lia closed her eyes again wanting for jeno to leave already.

"Why do you never let me finish talking?" Jeno rolled his eyes standing up.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" she opened her eyes again, staring at the boy who was now leaning over her. She gulped a little at their closeness before pushing him away. "I'm fine."

Shrugging, Jeno got up walking away and it wasnt long until she heard his motorcycle driving off.

The next week went by with the same cycle, waking up, going to school, getting annoyed with donghyuck and his friends, watching a movie with mark randomly and going to the lake when everyone was asleep.

-

Kicking the dirt with her shoe, lia sat on the swing staring feeling a little bored until she heard a few footsteps.

"You brought your bike today." jeno leaned against the tree.

"My one week streak of being here alone has now been ruined." She glared at him as he just chuckled.

"Well, I came alone again so you got lucky."

"Lucky my ass and don't stare at my bike." she looked in the direction of her motorcycle as it instantly brought a smile to her face.

"It's cute, but not faster than mine." jeno added.

Lia scoffed. "No ones is faster than mine."

"Wanna bet?" he smirked as she turned to look at him.