'I think I like you

Last night was a night to remember. It was safe to say that the pair of mates had gotten even closer than before, however, at the same time, Alice had discovered that it might be more dangerous for her to keep their secrets hidden as she was — now, more than ever — completely smitten by her mate.

———

~Flashback~

After the movie had finished, they moved to the room that Abigail had prepared for them to reside in. Each of the girls had confided in a conversation, before getting called by Abigail to follow her, which they obeyed.

"You didn't think this night was over, did you? Because then, this would've gone to waste" she said as she opened the doors to their entertainment room

Everyone looked at it with such awe, as it was decorated with items that included tons of activities anyone could think of.

As everyone went on to look around, Althea stayed behind to thank Abigail.

"Thank you, Abby," she cooed "I couldn't have asked for a better cousin than you," she said happily, before walking off to have fun with her friends, which left Alice to talk to Abigail

Alice smiled as Abigail approached her, both of them sitting at one of the tables in the room.

"I don't want these moments to end, Abigail" sighed Alice sadly, she knew things would come to an end from what her visions told her. She had only seen glimpses of the future, but she knows that it'll completely flip their worlds upside down. Of course, Alice's predictions can change, but the mere thought that these might come true terrifies her.

"I know, me neither. But we can't change a majority of the future Alice, no matter what we try to do, most of them are already set in stone" Abigail agreed with Alice seeing how happy their mates were, but as she said, they can't change the future.

"The only thing we could do now is enjoy the moment while it lasts, let's not waste time sulking. C'mon, Abby!" The Cullen excitedly said, wanting to look on the positive side, as Abigail accepted Alice's laid-out hand, letting the brunette lead her everywhere, before getting pushed towards her mate.

"Hey, Abby" Jessica greeted, not looking toward Abigail as she was focusing on whatever she was doing

"Hi Jess, er- I just wanted to ask if you'd maybe like to.. go out sometime?" she said nervously, later on regretting what she had just done

"What? Like a date?" Jessica joked, now looking at the blonde. After a long and awkward silence, she realized that Abigail was serious "oh- I'm sorry, but I'm not like, into... girls"

Abigail was hurt by what her mate said, but she shrugged it off with a smile.

"Yeah! Sure- of course- no problem it's probably best if I just.. go" she stuttered, almost failing to mask her sadness.

She usually did well with rejection — not that she gets rejected often, but those words coming out from her mate was painful, maybe it was too early.

The vampire knew she couldn't force her mate, she didn't want to. Which is why she was willing to wait for as long as eternity wanted her to.

———

Meanwhile, Alice had heard their entire exchange, feeling horrible for the blonde as she saw her now sulking at the corner, before getting called by Althea.

"Alice!" She exclaimed, getting the pixie-haired beauty's attention, who was now heading her way.

Althea wasn't the type to be sober after midnight. Whatever she says now, are deep and hidden thoughts. To be honest, maybe she did drink too much of that weird-looking punch.

As Alice reached her mate, she wasn't prepared to hear what Althea's next words were going to be.

"I think I like you" she giddily confessed, throwing herself in Alice's arms, and wrapping her arms around the vampire's neck.

~End of Flashback~

———

A/N: I ship bechloe so much, I'm making them mates</3 

 Also, I'm gonna make Jess have Beca Mitchell's personality from the next chapter onwards.

Anyways, that's all, ty for reading<3