64: The Sun God 03

It was terrifying for a teacher to know the instant a student was distracted in class.

As Zong Yan discovered.

This was the scene when Yog-Sothoth began his tutorial session.

'From now on, I can't think of anything at all!'

Zong Yan admonished himself secretly, then turned his attention to the book in front of him. "You can start now."

He swore he'd never listened to a physics lecture so intently before. He was so serious that it was like having his eyes glued to the exercise book.

In fact, putting everything else aside, Yog-Sothoth was actually a very effective tutor. The Lord of Omniscience and Omnipotence was worthy of his title.

When Zong Yan listened to his physics teacher in class, he was never able to follow along. But now the knowledge points he didn't understand were instilled one by one, neatly arranged in his mind. Like a flash of illumination, everything became simple and clear.

At first Zong Yan was worried about being suddenly ambushed again. But the more he listened, the more he became absorbed. For the first time he was able to swim in the ocean of physics instead of being slammed into shore by the tumbling waves.

His exclusive, limited edition evil god tutor would begin by analyzing the problem bit by bit. Then, after listening to a summary, Zong Yan went back and did three similar questions in a row.

Initially Zong Yan felt awkward having someone constantly staring at him as he wrote. But the instant his mind began to wander, Yog would give him a death ray stare, or the tentacle of a spirit-shadow would wrap around his wrist as a warning.

Later on, as he overcame more and more types of problems, Zong Yan felt like a new person. He didn't have time to think about anything else. The little science gears in his brain began to whir, carrying out calculations at high speed.

Zong Yan wasn't stupid. He was a natural born science-track student. In the past, he hadn't scored well in physics because he didn't know enough to cross the threshold. Although the textbook from the Great Race of Yith had retrogressed him 10 points in physics, it had also opened up several channels of learning in his head and gave him the basic concepts. Now, as he was being tutored, the things he'd learned before fed back in. All of a sudden the obstacles were swept away. He was on a roll.

Of course, the evil god didn't bother to tell him this. Zong Yan only thought this guy was a powerful tutor, so he bowed his head and studied in silence.

"I'm done!"

After finishing the last big problem in the set of exercises, Zong Yan let out a deep breath. He turned his head in excitement.

They were sitting at the desk in his room. A huge, unnamable shadow still surrounded them, wrapping the two people inside a dark, tightly sealed ball. The lamp on the table was faintly trembling.

The short-haired man sat beside him with his head propped in his hand. The chaotic color in his eyes hadn't faded at all. When Zong Yan turned his head he saw his own small reflection in those eyes.

Somewhat embarrassingly, Zong Yan turned his head so fast he almost hit the other party's face.

The black-haired teen gulped silently.

'His looks are so perfect I can't pick out any flaws. But it's creepy that he's not even breathing ah!'

He looked at the inhumanly smooth skin on the evil god's face, which didn't show the slightest trace of pores, and thought quietly to himself.