Chapter 8 - Baby you ain't going nowhere

°°°°°

Warning/s: Cussing

°°°°°

Today, its today.

You jump out of the makeshift bed filled with the sweet cakes, just in time for Red Velvet to walk in.

"You look... happier than usual" he comments, with a confused look written on his face. He begins to set down the pieces of food on the table, making it even and easy to access.

"Im just, excited, for the cakes, you know" you say, just a small white lie.

"Yeah yeah, okay, hey uh... maybe DONT eat the cakes food this time, eh?" He adds, finishing up, pouring some milk into the cups. He stands up, with an unamused face, before turning around to leave.

On his way out, he dropped the bag for you, the glass shattering on the inside.

"Lovely...' you sighed, picking up the bag and putting it out of the reach of the cakes. That will be his problem later.

You dance around, waking all the cakes and sending them to eat. This was it, you didnt need to eat because soon, you could have all the food you'd want.

You wandered about picking up toys, looking like you were cleaning, but in all reality, you were gathering more tools to use. It was perfect.

The cakes finished up eating, and you shooed them away to go play.

You did your routine of checking with the button, and as expected, he was gone. This filled you up with joy.

You ran over to the same corner, shoving the box out of the way, and working where you left off yesterday. It was so close, just a little bit bigger and you could leave.

Periodically, you would have to heal your own hands from the damage the bricks and metal were causing, but it was no problem, it was nothing in the long run.

There was no bump or cut that could stop you.

° ° ° ° °

You were fatigued, but still going at it. It was getting close to time, but you could fit almost your entireself out, you just needed to chip off a few more pieces.

That was when you heard the most dreaful sound. Just outside the door, was foot steps.

"Oh shit" you audibly say, dropping what you were using, and shoving the pieces of brick outside. There was so much, you hadnt been shoveling it out because you expected to be out by now. You could feel frosting dripping down your head, you even began to shake.

Finally, you shoveled it out, sweeping the last few pieces out.

You jumped up and grabbed the box to put in then corner.

"Please please please, please say he didnt see that' you beg internally.

The door opens, and in walks Red Velvet, who looks angry. He begins walking over to you.

'He knows, he definitely knows, he must have seen on the camera' you panic, trying to only smile and show no real fear.

He is a mere 4 inches away from your face, it felt like he was towering over you. You gulped.

"Look what I foundddd" he pulls out a flower, the kind most cookies use to enhance someones 5 senses.

"This will make the cakes so much better at fightijg in battle, and there will be a higher chance of returning, isnt that great?" This was the first time he was genuinely smiling at you.

"Oh... heh, yeah thats amazing" you nervously say, sighing in relief. He didnt know, you still had time.

"I know how much you seem to appreciate the cakes, Im hoping you can help me later with this?" He hands it to you, before nodding, greeting the cakes warmly and leaving the room.