Elias 7.1

There was a new trend in the Obelian Empire.

"Your highness, I was wondering if you were the sun?"

Elias was fifteen years old and Athanasia would soon be holding her debuttante and engagement ball at the same time. His younger sister was busy and the news of her engagement reached many nobles, who gave up going after his sister. Unfortunately, the news of her engagement was not the only thing that spread. Rumors about the crowned prince not minding having a male partner had spread like a wildfire hence why complete strangers would try to use a pick up line against him. It was a well known fact that Elias liked pick up lines.

Imagine the emperor's headache whenever he hears the number of imbeciles using pick up lines on his son. Fortunately, Claude didn't have to lift his middle finger to order execution because of Elias's obsession with beautiful faces.

"I wish I was so I could do the world a favor and melt your lacking features."

Also, Elias was not kind to retort back sharply if the pickup line was lame. No one did not dare tell the crown prince that his own pickup lines are lame.

Elias watched the other guy, who seemed to be around his age, grow flustered in embarrassment and run away. Satisfied, Elias nodded and turned his attention back to the small gathering he was holding in his garden.

"That was a nice comeback, your highness."

Meli complimented as she clapped a few times.

"I still cannot believe people are trying to win over others by using pickup lines."

Yes, using pickup lines was in the trend. Elias was horrified when opera singers were singing out pickup lines.

"Have you seen yourself in the mirror?! Because if you haven't thank god that you saved your eyes from the splendor of your beauty!"

The man would suddenly sing.

Elias couldn't help but cringe in disgust. What a horrible pickup line. Nour or even Meli would have done a better job!

Shaking the memory off his head, Elias huffed in distaste.

"Everyone is trying to take a chance to woo me with the pick up lines. It does not surprise me in the slightest."

Meli shrugged.

"Well, the emperor does seem to keep impressing you."

Feeling heat on his cheeks, Elias feigned clueless but he knew deep inside that Claude really did keep him waddling on his toes. Pickup lines did not catch the emperor off guard anymore. It was like Claude already knew how to answer each one of them immediately without giving it much thought.

"Dad, should we go watch the starry nights?"

"No need, although it is a shame you cannot see it without a mirror, I am enjoying myself looking at your eyes."

Elias would never admit he was embarrassed and feeling quite shy after that. It was like Claude had grown immune to his pickup lines.

"Claude, have you heard a love song?"

"I hear it every time you speak to me."

Elias never wanted as much as he did then to dig a hole and hide to never come out. The butterfly that he felt in his stomach was too much to handle.

"You're blushing your highness."

Meli stated as-a-matter-of-fact.

"I believe you have to learn how to accept the facts."

"Keep your mouth closed, Meli. I don't want to hear that from you."

Elias countered but Meli shrugged it off without much care. There was nothing the young noble was ashamed of. Sure, he did have some dangerous feitsh, which is why people avoided him, but even so, Meli held his fetish within closed circles. Only people who were into that fetish knew of it.

An abrupt yawn escaped from Elias's mouth.

"You've been very sleepy these days."

"I agree and cannot help but wonder if there is something going on with my body."

It was true. Elias felt unbearably exhausted these days. Even though holding gatherings was something he handled like a breeze, now it felt like a task. If the prince had to explain it, it was like he was using all of his energy somewhere else, but Elias was clueless as to what.

"How curious that his royal majesty let you open a gathering."

Elias agreed again.

Claude was someone who would force Elias to rest if he was tired but for some reason it was different this time. Even though it was plainly obvious that the prince was exhausted, Claude let Elias be and do the things he wished. Another curious thing was that Claude would leave the room in the middle of the night but Elias had hardly any energy to get up and follow him. Maybe it did not matter because when he woke up, Claude would be there beside him.

Yes, he still slept in the same bed as Claude. He did have his own room but truth to be told, it not only left weird and uncomfortable sleeping alone, it left him nervous and lonely. The emperor of Obelia did not say anything when Elias was tucked in his bed the next day.

"Your highness."

Elias heard from behind but just when he was about to turn around, the world had gone dark.

***

"Your highness!"

Felix gasped in surprise as he jumped in and received the prince before he collided against the ground. The young nobles around gasped and murmured among themselves. Some worried and some scheming but it was something the redhead knight would worry about later.

"Call a doctor!"

The prince's friend hollered, obviously worried about his friend.

The knight took this moment to carefully check on the prince's features and nothing seemed amiss. The prince was not suffering or anything.

"He is asleep."

And he was. Felix wondered what was the cause of the sudden sleep.

"What?"

Meli asked in disbelief and checked on his friend himself.

"Don't worry me like that..."

The friend sighed out in relief as he realized that his friend was indeed just sleeping, but that relief did not last long since the prince was holding a gathering. Someone needed to see the guest off to complete the gathering.

"Dear me! Felix, escort my brother to his room. No matter how many times I advised him to rest, he refuses to listen. Very well, I shall look after his guest."

Meli and Felix twinkled at their savior and the two shared a knowing stare. Meli approached the princess, no matter how much he hated the thought of leaving his friend with the redhead knight, but he had to clean up the mess.

"Princess, let me introduce them to you."

Athanasia nodded and Felix quickly took the chance to take the sleeping prince away. It would be best to head to the prince's chambers before delivering the news to the emperor.