♠︎Three♠︎

The car ride was short and not much was said, between me playing on my phone, and the two conversing quietly in the front seats.

It takes close to thirty minutes to reach the private airport and we all board a nice jet. It definitely shows that they have the money they claim they have.

"This is a nice jet" I say earnestly. The seats are leather and there's great lighting in here.

"Thank you" Phillip says. As he takes a seat in a booth like area. He gestures me to sit infront of him and Marshall next to him.

"Wow staging an intervention already, and to think you just got me back" I joke, trying to ease the tension. I'm on edge to say the least, I know they're my family 23 In Me is very helpful when you're trying to figure your bloodline.

With 2 concerned looks passed between the pair and father dearest starts talking, "Not yet, but instead I want to talk to you about the inevitable. We know your work, and by now I'm positive know what our occupation is."

I nod my head and cross one leg over the other, acting like I'm in a business meeting. "Yes, I'm aware. Are our businesses going to conflict our personal lives or are we going to weave the two together so there will be no complications within this family's dynamic?" I raise a brow look solely at my father. You know its odd talking business with people that are supposed to be your family, also talking business while not wearing heels.

"That may be an issue. It is against our family's traditional values for you to be so involved, especially so violently." Marshall pipes up, breaking his quiet spell.

"Yes but it seems to common to break these traditional values. Take the Bennett Family, they're empire has been switched to Alessandra and they've been fine. Furthermore, I'm not even interlinked with your operations anyways, I'm an independent hire." My point is valid. But if they chose this hill to die on then so be it. 

"You will be interlinked to us now, we've taken you in and your a part of this family." My father said with a cool composure, similar to my own mask.

"Yes, but my identity on the side hasn't been attached to any mob, especially not yours. Now if you'll excuse me I have to use the restroom." I say as I narrow my eyes at them and head towards bathroom at the back of the plane.

The rest of the plane ride was spent with me sitting away from them, sketching out designs and planning on how to move my business here without causing too much chaos.

~•Time skip•~

A

fter the semi quiet flight, we arrived at the 'house'. They were being modest, it's a 4 story mansion. It's gated in of course, with tons of security in every nook and cranny. It'd modern architecture with great landscaping. There's carnations growing in plant beds and it's hard not to marvel at the beauty of this place.

Were yet again in another blacked out SUV, but this time we have a driver taking us to the house.

You can see curtains moving on the second floor, like someone was watching for us. I scan my surroundings looking at the cameras and places where weapons could be stashed incase of emergency.

The stop is abrupt and follow Marshall and Philips move to get out of the car. I walk up the driveway following the two. After our conversation in the plane there hasn't been much motivation to spark another conversation that'll bound to end in disagreement especially if it's about the illegal activities we all participate in.

"You're about to meet your two other brothers, and your step sister and mother." Philip says still keeping a business tone. He opens the door and we are greeted with an empty foyer.

"Wow they are just so lively." I say sarcastically as I motion to the empty foyer infront of us.

Marshall let's out a small laugh before rolling his eyes and shaking his head. "Enjoy this quiet while it's here."

"I'm sure if you threaten to castrate a person enough they will shut up." I smile at him as I listen to the sounds of people's shoes padding against the stairs.

"Eris, you will not threaten to castrate your siblings." My lovely father snaps at me.

I just roll my eyes, "If the need arises for that threat then I will. And it will not be empty."

I look away and see four people infront of us. Three boys, and one girl. The girl looks the youngest, and the boys all look too similar to tell a difference.

"Eris these are your brothers and sister. Please everyone introduce yourself." It's like he controls them. Commanding them to talk. All but the girl. Her body language screams entitled.

"I'm Warren" the one on the very right says with no hesitation. He looks polished, pristine.

"Royce" the one on the left says, he looks mad. Not at me, maybe at me or maybe at father dearest.

"Welcome Eris, I'm Elliot." The one in the dead center of the boys says. He looks charming, and like someone you could tell your deepest secrets too.

The girl then mumbles something before speaking louder, "I'm Britney, I hope you get comfortable but not too comfortable" she gives me a fake smile and fake laughs. She's pretty but flaunts every appealing aspect she has. I admire the confidence, but still it is unexpected.

"All that's missing is Rebekah. She's your step mother. But anyways, the oldest is Marshall, second oldest is Royce, then Elliot, then you, then Britney." Father dearest says, clarifying the age order.

"Good evening everyone." I was about to give a fake 'thanks for the warmest welcome ever' when I noticed Britney glaring at me. "Is there a problem?" I ask the rhetorical question.

"No just admiring how pretty you are" she says in a fake tone.

"Mhm thanks" I roll my eyes before diverting my attention to Philip. Saying something about house rules and how he'll show me to my room soon.

__________________________________________

Rewritten on 1/6/24

Hopefully this isn't a stuipid idea let me know if it is plz

Down with the sickness,
Bri🤍