Chapter Twenty Three

"You want to what?!" Justin gasps at my words.

"Justin I want to marry him." I blush at my own words. "He's just, I know he's the right one. Why should we wait? I'm ready now!"

Dominic and I have been dating quite a while. Sure it's not even a year yet but why wait a year?

"I don't know about this Tyler," Justin pauses, "I mean I always figured he'd be the one to pop the question."

I crinkle my brow. "And why's that?! I'm a man! He's a man! Does it really matter?!" Maybe I am rushing this...

"Tyler I hate to say it but you're the woman in the relationship. Dominic is going to be the one to ask you to marry him. I don't care what you say, you should let him do it." Justin sighs through the phone.

"So what if I'm the woman! Girls can ask guys to marry them!" I set the phone on my chest and push the speaker button. "I wanna marry him!" I kick my legs in a small temper tantrum.

"Listen, you might be ready Tyler, but he might not be."

I hate when Justin is right.

"Tyler, you home?"

I quickly grab the phone and turn it off speaker. "I have to go Justin!" I quickly hang up before he can say goodbye.

"I'm here!" I squeak as I sit up. Dominic walks in and smiles happily at me.

"Who were you talking to?"

"I was uh, talking to Justin." Quick Ty! Why were you talking to Justin?! "He uh wanted to ask me about...um...horses, rocking horses. I told him it wouldn't be a good idea to buy a newborn one. Yeah."

I'm such a fail. Please don't ask more about this Dominic! I can't handle more! My brain is dead today.

"When is Taylor due anyways? I feel like that girl should pop any day now." Dominic sits next to me. I curl up to him instantly.

"Any day now." I mumble into his chest.

"You know my birthday is coming up soon."

I nod and smirk a little. "You're going to be old."

"Am not! I'm only two and a half years older than you!"

I shift so my head is laying on his lap. "Dominic your birthday is in December. This is October. We're nowhere near your birthday."

He chuckles and starts petting my head. "Still so soft. Where do you even hide your shampoo? I've looked everywhere!"

"Don't try to steal it!" I pout. "Soft hair is my thing."

"Then what's my thing?"

"Being damn sexy." I turn my head into his stomach so he doesn't see my blush. We've been dating half a year. I should be able to call him sexy without being so blushy about it. But no.

"Well thank you Tyler." He softly rubs my back and I start to feel better.

"Dominic!" I groan and kick his back softly. "Get the phone." I kick harder. It's two a.m. who the hell is calling this early?!

"You get it." He grumbles, pulling a pillow over his head.

I sigh and sit up. Before answering I check the caller ID. Justin. I click the answer button. "Why the hell are you calling-"

"Holy fucking shit! Tyler she's having the fucking baby!"

I drop the phone. "Dominic up! Now!" I slap his butt.

"Whaaaat?"

"The baby!"

Whoever said birth was a beautiful thing must have been smoking something. You could hear Taylor's screams all the way down the hall. And when we finally get to see the baby it looks like an alien or something. The only beautiful thing I see is how happy Justin is. I've never seen him smile bigger. I'm sure Taylor would be smiling just as big, if she hadn't passed out from exhaustion.

"So is it a boy or a girl?" I ask. Justin wanted to keep the gender a secret. To everyone, including himself.

"It's a she." he beams. "Her name is Sofie." He hands the baby to me, it feels as if he handed me the most precious item in the whole world.

You'll never get this. You'll never feel what it's like to be a dad, and neither will Dominic.

I try to push the horrible thoughts out of my head but I can't. Slowly, I glance over at my boyfriend. He's staring at Sofie with a sad smile on his lips. I hand her back to Justin.

"What's wrong Tyler?" He frowns.

"I-I need to use the bathroom." I rush out of the room and down the hall. As soon as I spot the closet bathroom I run in, locking the door behind me.

"I knew it!" I scream at myself in the mirror. "He doesn't want to love me! He's wants to have a normal life! He wants a girl!" The tears start pouring out of my eyes.

"No Tyler."

I freeze.

Dominic heard all of what I just said?! Oh god! He wasn't supposed to hear all that!

"Tyler open the door."

"No." Stare at my red blotchy face.

"Tyler." He uses his serious voice so I know I need to do as he says. I unlock the door and he steps in, locking it once again.

I can't look at him.

"It would be nice," he breaths, "but you mean more to me." He tilts my head up until my eyes meet his.

"Don't ever think I would want something other than you. Tyler, we're still young! You don't need to worry about kids now anyways! When the time comes we can adopt!"

"It won't be ours though." I mumble.

"And why the hell not? Just because it won't be ours by blood doesn't mean I won't love it as much." He kisses my forehead. "We'll worry about kids later Tyler. Right now it's just you and me."

"B-but-"

"Shh," he stops me. "I wouldn't love you more than I do now if you were a girl. My mother told me I'd know when I found the one and you're it Tyler."

I smile sheepishly. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be acting like this."

"No you shouldn't." Dominic agrees hugging me tight. "Now come on! Lets go buy lots of worthless toys for our niece."

I grin. "I'm going to be the best uncle ever."

"Considering Justin is the dad it's not going to be hard."

We both chuckle softly and make our way down to the gift shop. I buy a few purple and pink bears for Sophie while Dominic decides to buy me something instead.

"Why won't you tell me what it is?" I grumble trying to peek into the bag.

"Because it's a secret!" He winks. "I love hospital gift shops. They have the strangest things."

I clutch the colorful bears tightly to my chest. They're really soft "You better have not bought me something useless."

"Nah you'll love it." He grins and kisses my cheek as the elevator door closes.

"Then can I please see it?" I give him the puppy eyes.

"Fineeee!" He huffs and hands me the brown paper bag.

I grin and open it. "Really?" I chuckle pulling out the rainbow colored bear with a heart on it's stomach. "I love you too."

"See, told you, you'd love it!"