Fulfilling a promise

A few months have passed since the war was over. The news over the process of the "restoration movement" is spreading. Azula and Goku try to live their lives alone. Although Azula does have some wishes for vengeance. All she wanted to do was to find his father. Even if it was only his corpse. One of the searches took them way too close to a fire colony. Azula decided to stay behind while Goku would go and find something to eat.

As Goku made his way to the nearby village, he could feel the presence of the Avatar and his followers, alongside others. There was one person that he could recognize. And it seems that person also recognized him. That person separated from the group while no one was paying attention and went to him.

- Long time no see you, fatty.

- Hey Toph!

- What are you doing here?

- Lost mostly. I need to find something to eat for my sister,

- Still traveling with her?

- Yeah. And what about you?

- Well, I was with some friends, but I got bored. Want some company?

- Sure.

While both were walking to the village, Goku and Toph were thinking the same. They realize that both of them were in that moment when Goku took his father from the hands of the Avatar, but they were on different sides. Toph was not sure that was him, as in that time he was there was way too fast, so she could not recognize him completely, but the voice was way too similar. Goku was sure she was there but thought she might have been tricked by the Avatar, just like his brother.

- So, what's new?

- Nothing, just boresome. Since the war is over, I haven't found anything exciting. I miss fighting.

- I know, right? I did not like the war, but the fight was always welcome, especially if they're strong.

- Speaking of which. You owe me a fight.

- You are right! What if we do it after I give the food back to my sister.

- Sure!

- Wanna come with me?

Toph thought for a moment about her friends, but all of them were too focused on political affairs. She could not help them with it and she did not care about that either, so she decided to follow Goku.

After Goku bought the things her sister asked him, they went outside the village, into a forest. Deep in the forest was a small cabin, outside it was a campfire that was already off. It seems that the cabin was made recently, but it was made strong enough. Or at least that was Toph's judgment. Goku went inside the cabin, but his sister did not want to go out. Toph was able to feel that there was somebody there, in one of the beds inside the cabin but could not recognize anyone as the person was not touching the ground. After a while, Goku went outside.

- Is she not coming out?

- Well, we have passed for some rough situations, and she does not feel that good.

- Oh, sorry.

- Don't worry. Shall we start?

- Bring it on! Fatty.

Toph got into a fighting stance and concentrated so she could feel even the tiniest movement of Goku, which worked but it made her more surprised. Despite his weight, he was fast, way too fast. Toph decided to create various walls in front of Goku. While Goku will try to break them, she will move to one side. But Goku could run through them, and when Toph moved to one side, he tried to kick her. Because Goku was running and Toph moved at the last moment, Goku used his hands on the floor to stop his inertia and use it to make a more lethal kick. Fortunately, Toph was able to feel that so she moved the earth where Goku was supporting himself.