SIXTEEN

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Ludo guides us into the castle, feeling the coldness of the walls against my already icy skin

Ludo guides us into the castle, feeling the coldness of the walls against my already icy skin. Kassian was beside me and Nella and Mace fell into line behind us, my eyes looking up at the grey brick walls and fire lanterns hanging from the panels.

"So you're the Alpha that took in our Cleo?" Ludo questions Kassian as he turns his head towards him.

Kassian's eyes meet his and he nods firmly. "It wasn't our first choice," he says loudly and I resist the urge to roll my eyes. "But our pack member, Hope. She's been lashed by Pandora's powers. Leaving her to have frequent seizures. So we're here to help so that my pack doesn't lose a close member."

My eyes blink back at Kassian, never have I heard him sound so soft. But at the same time we were in the company of others and it wasn't the time to become irrational and act like we all hated each other. We needed to make a good impression to get the information that we needed, and before Alfie ended up murdering Kassian for not doing more.

Ludo laughs softly. "I hope Cleo didn't cause too much ruckus," he murmurs before looking over at me.

"She's a fighter, that's for sure." Kassian says bluntly, even I couldn't grasp the tone of his voice. If he was trying to offend me or compliment me, but I let it slide for the sake of being in their humble abode.

Ludo guides us through the large hall, down to a room at the end of the castle. He pushes his hand onto the thick door and we follow him inside. Chatter comes to a silence as I glance around the room, my eyes instantly zeroing on my fathers, my jaw clenches and I look over at Ludo who looks away.

"Cleo," my father breathes out.

He looks apprehensive as he pushes himself off the sofa arm and walks towards me slowly, his eyes looking cautious. "How are you?"

I scoff at his words. "How am I?" I respond sourly. "Like you care about me after you left me alone in the woods when I needed help, after everything mum did, after the pain that she put me through. You left me."

The bags under my dad's eyes increase as he looks down, his eyebrow wrinkles creasing as he holds his hands together in front of him. "I'm sorry," he says.

"No you're not," I speak over him harshly. "You're not sorry, you don't leave your own flesh and blood."

"You were about to kill yourself with your talk on going to take down your mother alone, there was no telling you." He tries to explain but my eyes don't soften.

"Because you had no idea how much I was hurting on the inside," I grit out angrily. "You kept telling me that I was better than the curse, to just not let it affect me. But it was tearing me from the inside out dad, you didn't even want to understand how I felt. How much I wished that I could have just died."