FIFTY - FOUR

"What do you think?" Luna asked, her face scrunching up slightly

"What do you think?" Luna asked, her face scrunching up slightly. "Too many?"

"More like not enough." Carl mumbled, staring down at the paper in front of him. She nudged his arm with her foot, her eyes still fixed hopefully on him. "Hey there uh...there aren't any boy names on your super list."

"Cause it's a girl." She nodded assuredly. "I know it. It's a girl."

"Okay, but don't you wanna plan ahead maybe?" He asked, and she crossed her arms over her chest. "Or not, okay." He sighed, looking back the list. "I mean shit, Lu, there's gotta be like a hundred names here. Give me a second to read it."

"You have plenty of time to read it." She said. "What did Dr. Carson say? I'm only like, six months along now. You have time."

"Yeah, all the time in the world." Carl snorted. "Aren't you gonna tell me which ones you like?"

"Mmm, no." She shook her head. "I don't wanna effect your answer, influence you in any way. So you just figure out what you like and we'll talk about it."

"I have some ideas anyway, even without reading this." The paper fluttered onto the table as Carl leaned forward and dropped it, sitting back into the couch. "Stuff that means something to us, right?"

"Okay, let's hear it." Luna nodded.

"What about Georgia?" He asked. "It's where we met, where I grew up...and we don't know anyone with that name."

"It's cute." Luna shrugged. "Could grow on me, but it's not...I dunno. Not the one."

"Alright....what about Virginia?"

"Carl..." Luna sighed, her head rolling over onto her shoulder. "If you're only gonna suggest state names then I'm gonna go talk to Michonne about this instead."

"What? It's a legit suggestion!" He argued. "Sure we live here and whatever, but it was also my grandma's name. See? Meaning."

"You're ridiculous." She laughed, shaking her head lightly. "Okay, Virginia. I...I think I like it. Maybe we should make a shortlist or something."

"God, another list?" Carl groaned lightly, though reached forward and picked up the old list and a pen. On the back of the page, he quickly scribbled down the name Virginia. "Okay, have any other ideas."

"I dunno." Luna said, yawning as she leaned back against the couch. "Let's go for a walk, I want some air." A few minutes later, and the pair were walking by the pond. It was warm outside, the sun hanging low in the evening sky. Most people had finished work for the day, so they were all just milling about like Luna and Carl. It was times like this where, usually for just a moment or two, Luna would forget what lied outside the walls. But now, on nights like these, it almost felt like things could go back to normal. By the time that Luna and Carl had circled back around to their house, it was nearly dark. The porch lights of the occupied houses began to glow, as well as the few street lights they'd rewired. "I wanna go see him."

"Are you sure?" Carl asked. He knew that Luna had been avoiding going back to the grave for a while, and the last thing he wanted to was push her to do anything.

"Yeah." She nodded. "C'mon." Carl followed her, walking along the side of the house into the back. The red scarf was now faded, though still stood where it had been the last time he'd seen it on the day it was put there. Visiting Negan's grave wasn't something he wanted to do, ever, but he also wasn't willing to just let Luna out of his sight. "Carl, look." Luna's light gasp quickly drew Carl's attention. She was staring down at the grave marker, though she wasn't focused on that. Small, white flowers surrounding the marker, standing up tall. "Daisies."