One Night Only: Chapter 20

Friday

October 24

Kelly P.O.V

"How you been holding up?" Nicki said as she walked into my office.

"I've been doing alright. Less crying." I said eating a biscuit from Red Lobster.

"I know what you mean." She sat down and pulled out her food. "Jay still calls and ask how I'm doing and stuff. One thing he don't miss is the doctor appointments." She laughed. "We had an argument about him picking me up."

"Trevor called me like ten times last night talking about "Are you hungry? I'll bring you something. Are you still feeling sick?" I had to lie and tell him I was going to sleep." I chuckled. "Her brought me these biscuits and salad."

"I saw him walking up with the bag. I was about to go and talk to him but Jay called asking about th-" She got interrupted by a knock on the door.

"It's open." Claire walked in looking at Nicki.

"Nicki Jay is out there."

"What?" She yelled. "Why?"

Just then Jay walked in my office. "Nicki it's time to go. We have a doctor appointment."

"Jay it's not for another two hours." She stood up and started walking out. "I'll talk to you later."

"Alright. Claire, what else do I have?"

"Two more teeth whitening, two fillings, and two regular check ups."

"Can you start setting them up?"

"Yes and I almost forgot. Trevor said call him."

"Okay."

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

"Hi mommy." Aubrey said walking to me. She looked so tried.

"Hey baby." I took off her book bag and put it in the car. I strapped her in and I got in.

I pulled up to the house and got a sleeping Aubrey out. I got out bags and walked to the door.

I unlocked the door and dropped the bag. I closed the door and walked upstairs. I took off her shoes and laid her down.

I walked downstairs and got my purse and her bag up then pulled out my phone and called Trevor.

"I've been calling you call day." We'll damn.

"And I've been at work all day."

"Are you are at home?"

"Yea, how long do she suppose be gone?"

"The whole weekend. I'm on my way."

"Yeah." And I hung up.

I went to Aubrey room and packed her some clothes for the weekend. After packing her clothes I walked to my room and put on some black leggings, white tank top, and black footies.

I walked to the to the kitchen to get some chips and dip. I bent down to get the dip from the back of the refrigerator and felt hard on my butt they caused me to hit my head.

"Dammit Trevor." I stood up and pushed him away.

"You know what you doing."

"What are you talking about I was trying to get some dip." I got the dip and pulled out some chip from the cabinet.

"You knew I was coming and you trying to bend over and pulled that "I was getting something to eat."" He tried to sound like me.

"That's what you thought." I laughed eating some chips.

"Yeah but where is Aubrey?"

"She's sleep. Her bag is by her room door." He nodded and walked away. I got my fruit punch Arizona out the freezer and drunk it.

Trevor walked back down with Aubrey in his arms and her bag on his shoulder.

"I'm gone." I nodded. "And stop eating all that junk."

"Fuck you." I shoved a chip in my mouth.

"Already did." He laughed. "And don't mind doing it again." He opened the door. "Love you." Her closed the door and I just sat at the bar.

"Love you too." I sighed.