08

Chapter 8 - Second time is NOT a coincidence

"How many fucking hours are you going to take?" Elias grunted.

As per him, his lovely twin was taking longer than how many models take to get ready during a photoshoot they sponsor. His annoyance was increasing as time passed. He grumbled in boredom.

"You are just jealous I am more handsome than you," Jasper scoffed, admiring himself in the mirror. He spent over 45 minutes styling his hair. Elias rolled his eyes. "Narcissistic asshole," he cursed. "Grumpy asshole," Jasper retorted.

"You better get your ass in the car now, or I am ditching you," Elias didn't bother to hear his reply and walked towards the garage. "YoU bEtTer GeT yOuR ASS in ThE cAr or I am dItChInG you," Jasper mocked in an exaggerated voice, walking behind his brother.

Elias simply ignored him. They drove towards the mall. As per the report they got, Iris had left for the mall half an hour ago. She should have reached by now. If Jasper spent more time getting ready, maybe they wouldn't have time to meet her so, Elias was a lot more eager than usual.

"Smile, brother. You don't want to scare our sweetheart off," Jasper teased, seeing the permanent scowl on Elias's face. Elias narrowed his eyes in response. Jasper was not at all bothered by the threatening look on his brother's face. If this was someone else, they would have cried on the spot or ran for his or her life.

"I am just giving you my opinion, don't forget no woman can escape my charms," he praised himself, lifting his chin. Seeing his flirty smile, no woman could help but swoon over.

"*cough* cocky bastard *cough*," Elias mumbled beneath his breath but subconsciously trying to soften his scowl. Jasper just laughed out loud seeing his attempt. It was even worse than seeing him smile.

He wouldn't lie. He practiced in front of the mirror what he was going to say to his sweetheart. The lady's man was nervous for the first time to make a conversation with a girl.

---

Iris was window shopping. Her steps stopped when she saw the bookstore. Her love for books itched her to buy the entire shop. She took a step towards the shop but then stopped.

Iris, don't you dare go into that book store. You just bought 500 dollars worth of novels this week, her subconscious refused.

But one can never have too many books.

You need to manage your money. You will be broke at the end of the month.

But books...

NO Iris, be a responsible woman.

Pouting, she turned with much self-control and walked towards clothing stores. Turning back once seeing the bookstore with a longing look.

"May I help you?" an assistant came forward. Iris with a polite smile refused the help. It always put pressure on her when someone was beside her. Her always overthinking their brain, worrying about many things- like does she think her fashion style is bad, or she is spending too little or too much.

Her mind just wandered.

---

Jasper and Elias watched the scene in front of the bookstore with enjoyment. They saw how she took one step forward, then one step backward, as if having an internal battle.

Closing her eyes, she turned away from the store using all her self-control, appearing as if she just made the biggest sacrifice in humankind. A chuckle escaped their lips when they saw her expression.