Chapter 6

MUKTA

'Areyyyy Beta ...eat some more puran poli  na...' my neighbour aunty said and this baby dinosaur of a husband next to me was displaying all his 32 teeth for a smile and taking the 4th helping for the breakfast and I don't know how many Puran Polis had he eaten from last 2 hours. Firstly!!! Who eats breakfast for bloody two hours!!!

It's like he is eating my entire month's 3 course meal in one breakfast!!!
No wonder he's so huge!!!
I rolled my eyes!!!

I was also asked to eat breakfast before we 'leave the village' and I didn't want to go anywhere!!!
Specially after that Sarpanch had tried to acquire my father's house. But thankfully Fari's friend who is a lawyer too had come with the court notice stay order even at such a short notice. Unfortunately she had to go to meet her ailing grandmother to Boston but the true friend that she was...she managed to help me out by sending her friend.

I was glad!!!
Now he can't break open the house but now even I was homeless!!!
Above all I couldn't stay in this village as everyone now expects me to have married this dinosaur of a man!!!
I didn't even know this man...and in last 12 hours...I met, married and I'm also been sent away with him!!!
And here...I don't even know what's his name!!!

And here he was!!! Eating and eating and eating!!!
Seems like he is the reincarnation of demon Bakasura!!!

After breakfast the villagers wished me good luck and began waving bye to me and him!!!
Bloody hell I don't wanna go!!!
But having no choice I climbed his grey ambulance...I mean his van. He looked happy while still stuffing his mouth with a puran poli with ghee roll and began took the driver's seat.

'Bye Jalebi...miss you' they all said and I cringed at that name...who on earth names someone Jalebi???
Wonder what would he have named me if he was eating manchurian or biryani!!!
Goshhhh!!!

And in no time the van started moving and I was hell nervous now...
There was pin drop silence in the van...we could only listen birds chirping and dry leaves crushing as the van kept moving on the zig zag jungle roads. Finally be broke the silence asking...
'So...where should I drop you???'

And I was shocked!!! I didn't know what to say...
I didn't have anyone to whom I could go...one bestie...but she also had gone to Boston...and then it suddenly striked me...I still have the job offer in Mangalore. But I was supposed to join in last week...will that still be open for me???
Damn!!!
But I had no other go...I had to give it a shot. While he spoke up...

'Woahhhhh lady that marriage drama there...had no meaning to me...you and me...we only had that pretentious wedding there...I don't consider it and I hope you are also not expecting me to fulfill the responsibilities of a husband because O.K isn't O.K with it get that???' he said and I looked at him with a questionable expression...

'O.K what???' and he pulls out his huge left hand for a handshake saying...
'Heyyy never got to introduce...I'm O.K..Omkar!!!' and I nodded saying...
'Mukta...Mukta Joshi...and...don't worry I'm not after you...it's just that I didn't know where to go and what to do ..
I mean my father...and my friend..
I
..
Actually I have a job opportunity in a city called Mangalore' and suddenly his head shot in my direction and he spoke up at once

'Job offer??? In Mangalore??? Actually I am from Mangalore' he said and I suddenly smiled..

'Really???' and he smiled and said...
'Cool...looks like destiny has tied us together to travel along the same route' and I cleared my throat asking...

'Ummm does that mean...you will drop me to Mangalore???' and he smiled saying... 'Sure...' and I smiled.

He seemed like a decent man to me. Yes I can't trust a stranger but then if I get down from the van even the world is a stranger place for me...
I knew no one!!!