12. Another normal day

✦❘༻ Another normal day ༺❘✦

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Don't you know I ain't
fucking them good boys?

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The distant crash of waves against the shore and the salt in the air with the orange shades of sunset to light up their faces, feet sinked in the sand and fish cakes in their hand isn't bliss for Faina. She doesn't know the guy. Sure she has seen him a couple of times during parties but straight up going on a date with him isn't pleasing.

"It feels shit right?"

She snaps her head to face him. Jungkook smiles and stands up, sand falling off from his clothes which he doesn't bother to dust off. He extends his hand, the smile still intact on his face as she offers her's. He pulls her up and walks along the shore line.

"I'm sorry, I don't really like these typical marriage things my mother pushes me into. We can leave. It is only a waste of time," She says, throwing off her fish cake and folding her arms on her bum as she walks. Jungkook smiles and nods.

"Me too. I don't like such things. I only came because of my father. He always thought I was a disappointment and he is sick now. I wanted to be nice to him at least once," He says, bites a piece of his fish cake.

"I don't know who feeds our parents these bullshits. All I want is to make decisions for myself. I'm tired of playing as a string doll in their hands," She picks up a shiny pink shell and rubs it against her cotton dress.

"Your mother told me that you had a break up recently. Trust me I really wanted to leave you alone but I couldn't turn down your mother. She is rather," he pauses to find words.

"A persistent bitch," Faina finishes it for him. "Well, I wouldn't put it that way but something close to persistent," he shrugs. She nods.

"That day when you saw me as a mess," she looks up at him. "I went out with him. Our relationship is quite complicated and I can't commit myself to anyone else right now. I will only hurt you and I can't promise anything. I like him and I don't like him. It's a mess," she shrugs, pursing her lips after speaking.

"I didn't come here today to find any commitment. I believe we both had our reasons to meet up today. But one thing, if you ever want to complain about your mother or have a drink buddy at the beach, then call me," he takes her hand and scribbles his number on her palm. Her reflexes pull her hand away when it tickles. She smiles and lets him write down.

"You could have just let me save it," she shakes her head and looks at him, lips curved in a smile.

"It's up to you. You can either save it or erase it. No pressure. Besides that is a temporary number until I go back to France."

The smile on her face fades away when she hears the name. France takes her memory to Paris. "Bad memories of France?" He asks, as if he reads through her. She shakes her head. "Just memories that stab you because you know they are only temporary pleasure," she says.

"It will pass. Nothing in life is permanent, even our problems."

"Yeah, that just sounded like my college therapist. Cool," she pulls her phone out of her dress pocket and stands in front of him. He laughs. "Let's take a picture. I should at least have one, incase I decide to use it for your birthday."

"You don't even know my birthday."

"Don't worry, my mother will make sure I know it. Smile," the picture follows the shutter sound.

"Thank you for being normal among these creeps," she says, getting out of the car. "My pleasure," he waves at her before driving away.

"How was the date?" her mother asks her as soon as she enters home. "It's too soon to say anything mother," she makes it towards the stairs that lead to her room.

"Faina," her mother's calling stops in her tracks. "You should have at least called him inside." She doesn't turn around. "Don't worry mother, he isn't obsessed with manners," she climbs the stairs and disappears out of sight. She shuts the door of her room and plops on the bed. The long black boots near the mirror catches her eyes. She sighs and buries her face into the pillow reminiscing the moments from their Paris date.

"Just why Jimin. Why you?"

Hell, Jimin's chambers

"And have we collected all the souls whose deals end today?" Jimin asks, rubbing his temples.

"Yes, your highness. The last soul was collected five minutes ago," the man who maintains the daily status of soul collection tells Jimin.

"'Off you go," Jimin waves at him. As Jimin was about to change into his sleeping robes, he detected a presence in his room. He smiles and says, "As much as you want to see me naked, you cannot barge into my chambers like this. Very naughty." He turns around and his face turns grim.

"Jimin, we have a problem," Taehyung says, there are cuts on his face and his shirt bloody. His cuts haven't healed yet, which means Taehyung was injured not long ago.

"What happened?" Jimin asks, as Taehyung's wounds heal well leaving no trace behind.

"Lucifer, he escaped from his cage." Jimin's eyes grow wide, panic surfacing on his face. "Well, what are you doing here then? Tell your daddy and ask him to put a leash on his psychopath son," Jimin barks. Taehyung shakes his head.

"Can't. Father is taking care of his family issues. Half the angels in heaven are injured and the other half are fighting him," Taehyung says. Jimin scoffs. "Excuse me? Family issues? Well this is a family issue. His psycho son is on the loose and the whole universe is on the verge of extinction."

"Jimin, he said he is not here to wipe out the world like he aimed last time. It's a bizarre mission. He wants to have an offspring."

Jimin pauses midway tying his pants. "The what now? He wants to play a daddy game all of sudden? If he ever succeeds in making a child, the consequences are going to be cosmic."

"That is why we need to find his mate. If we can't stop him, we need to stop the mating," Taehyung holds his head and whispers a no. "Angels are dying. Heaven is a mess."

"How did he even escape?" Jimin dresses himself into a suit. Taehyung shakes his head. "We are still investigating that." Kasdeya walks in and bows to Jimin. "Send our investigators to the Lucifer cage. Find out how he escaped," Jimin orders. A hint of shock appears on her name when she hears the name.

"Sure your highness," she bows.

"Mother fucker. How do we track his mate?" Jimin asks, adjusting his tie. "I don't know. There is no known heaven magic for it. I searched the library already," Taehyung says, hands on his hips. Kasdeya comes back, "I've sent the investigators, your highness."

"Kasdeya, weren't you a witch?" Jimin asks, trying to remember. "I was sir."

Jimin smiles, rubbing his hands together. "We have some work to do then." 

Any guess on who his mate is? It's pretty obvious lol

Likes and comments are much appreciated and fuel to my writing. If you like my work don't hesitate to support me by donating on my Kofi. Thanks 💕

Kofi link : https://ko-fi.com/manvitha_22