CH-3 MJ's 24/7

I decided to go back home. Then again, I saw greeny, as I started staring at him, he turned his head towards me and suddenly winked as if he knew I was checking him out. I felt blood rush to my cheeks and I couldn't help but stare. Quickly heading inside without seeing his reaction, I rushed to go back home.

"Soph?" someone interrupted my thoughts.

Turning towards Maria I saw the concerned look on her face. I quickly plastered a smile on my face. "Hey guys, I'm just going back home now. I am really tired and need to complete the assignment given for tomorrow".

"Are you sure? We just got here," Chase asked, looking slightly concerned.

"Oh yeah, don't worry about me. I will walk home" I said breaking a full smile.

Luke offered me a ride just as I was going, but I declined, just wanting to be on my own. They gave me an odd look but then ignored me.

I started walking 15 min ago , my home was around 45 min far and my legs started paining because these 👠. While walking I sensed someone was following me, a few dodgy-looking people were standing outside the corner shop so I was about to walk away when I saw a little coffee shop with few people.

Opening the door, I went at once hit with a different smell of chocolate and coffee. "Welcome to MJ's 24/7 coffee house, what can I get for you?" she asked me with a warm smile.

"hi, could I get a cup of hot chocolate," I asked. "don't worry sweetheart I am coming back with your order," she said with a wink and started making my drink.

"So what's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this on Sunday night?" she asked with a motherly tone. "no it's ok, I came here with my friends almost 40 min ago, I was going back to my home" I replied with a smile.

"oh! Sweetie what's your name, my name is Catherina but call me Cathy," she grinned, her face lit up.

"Nice to meet you, Cathy, my name is Sophia but call me Soph," I said.

"soph, are you going home alone at this hour in this place?" she asked with concern. "not exactly ..... I will walk home,". I mumbled, trying to avoid looking into her eyes. She gave me an unimpressed look.

"NO, that is dangerous. Bad people just wait for innocent, nice girls like you to walk into their cave. So as a mother, I won't allow you to go home alone, I am calling my son, he will give a lift to you and not buts because I have already called and he is coming" she said with a mischievous scolding tone.

"but Cathy.....ok fine I go with him," I said.

We were disusing school and then she said her son also goes to the same school and also if I know him or if I have seen him or talked to him. She asked about my fav foods and also she said to me to visit her regularly because she likes me a lot.

I was thinking about my past, it was so difficult to think about it. The dreams never left me alone. Finally, 4 years ago I got relief as the dreams stopped coming.

I am now thinking about what to do next, so many things are there if someone finds out it will be a big problem.....

"SOPH!?" I suddenly saw Cathy giving me a worried look.

"Are you ok, sweetie? I was calling you for so long but you didn't respond" she asked me.

"yeah, Cathy I am fine. I was thinking about my homework as I am school's goody two shoes, so I need to do it" I said with a fake smile.

"oh! Ok sweetie, no problem, my son is here let me call him" she finished and went pulled the front door, and talked something, I couldn't see because my back was there side.

Someone walked in and that was the last person I expected to see.

Oh yeah, destiny didn't disappoint. (note my sarcasm) ........

.

.

.

so how are you all?                                                                                                                                                                Hope you like it!😊

~shreya