𝟷𝟹. [ 'sʜᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ʏᴏᴜ? ']⛈️

A/N:
I might have to change the way I "decorate" the chapters^^

____________________

You've woken up to the room you're still not quite used to seeing yet. No matter, this is only your 2nd day of waking up here after all, and possibly the last. Today is your plan to leave Liyue, and come back to Mondstadt before your family returns. Not that it's a problem, but you still have a workload to do.

A knock from the door made you sit up straight. "I'm up" You said. Diluc slowly opens the door but haven't stepped foot into the room. "I made breakfast, we'll be heading off soon" He announced before closing the door to leave you some privacy.

You stood up to wash your face in the bowl of water you had prepared last night, placed on the bedside table.

After fully woken up by the coolness of the water, you left your bedroom to a smell of freshly cooked omelette rice.

"mmm, smells good~" You commented and took a seat in the small wooden table. "It's all we have" Diluc says and sat across from you. With a plate of omelette rice in front of the both of you, none wasted time and began to eat the meal.

A sudden thought came to mind. This reminded you of a certain novel in which the maiden wakes up to her husband cooking for the both of them everyday. The thought made your stomach feel butterflies and you immediately shake off your childish thoughts.

"Any thoughts on what to do after you run chairman for your clan?" Diluc spoke after sipping his orange juice—there was no option for grape juice.

You thought for a while..
"I'll claim a land in Inazuma and Snezhnaya to build up another estate for trading or to send in the sick, something my parents aren't quite successful with yet" You answered. As expected from the Regenfall's first daughter, work is never absent from her mind.

Conrad was the heir to the clan, as professional as he sounds, he has no plans on advancing further for the clan and is only doing what's best for the customers or patients. A remarkable chairman to be honest. Which is why your parents decided to hand you the leadership once your brother retires to start a family.

As Regenfall tradition, the first daughter shall claim the seat once the rightful heir (the first son) has retired. Same tradition if the genders were reversed. That is why Alexander isn't up for taking over the clan, unless he protests and start a chairman voting which is actually allowed. You being a chairwoman is very near, for Conrad is already 28 and has a girlfriend. Once he's married, you're officially taking his seat.

"After that?" It seems as though Diluc wants more details on your future plans.

"I'll... get married?.. well I have no choice" You rolled your eyes. As much as you hate to admit it, you have to keep your family bloodline going even though you want to stay independent and single.

"What about you?" You asked Diluc.

"Probably similar to yours. Continue with my work, and then get a wife, start a family and retire" He narrated and cleaned his lips with a napkin.

"As boring as our plans sound, I hope it'll get more interesting in the future" You squinted your eyes with a smile, taking your empty dishes to the sink. "I hope so" Says the man.

-

Everything was now settled, you've successfully resent your workpapers back home and you've packed your things. Same goes for Diluc too.

You both were now near Dihua Marsh, though the silence was slowly killing you. You have been thinking lately about Diluc's good deeds to you, and you think it's time you acknowledge his kindness.

"Master Diluc-"

"Please, just call me Diluc like before" He insisted.

"Okay.. Diluc, I've been thinking lately. You've done so much for me, how do I repay you?" That wasn't what you were meant to say, but it came out anyway.

"I want nothing from you"

"huh? But you've done so much, surely you want something. Maybe a stock of my herb combinations?"

"(Y/N), I came as a friend, not a business partner. You really are silly" The man lightly chuckles. "Your work is supposed to be more important" You mumble.

"I know but, you're a really reckless person, that's why I came along"

"R-Reckless?! I prefer to be called professional, thank you very much" You frown at his comment.

"When there's no hope, you do things without thinking of the outcome. You're lucky I'm here" Diluc crosses his arms while walking.

"You have a point.. I guess you're.. a reliable companion" You finally admitted, but showed him a smile afterwards.

He then clears his throat. "You shall never mentiom this to anyone, especially Kaeya"

"Huh? What's there to be embarrassed about?"

"I'm not like this to any of my friends.." He looks down.

"what makes you act different towards me?" Out of curiosity, you asked. "Don't ask me a question I can't answer" Was all he said before walking ahead of you.

-

"Ahh, the nostalgic breeze of Mondstadt. We're home" You smiled and freely let the wind blow onto you.

"I'm guessing this is where we part?" You look at Diluc after seeing that Dawn Winery was just a few miles away from you. "For now" He started "Thank you for this experience, I hope we do this again someday" Diluc bows at you.

"Thank you too, we shall meet again in the future, partner" You gave him a warm smile before he walked off towards his sweet manor. You watched as he is greeted by his servants, and continued walking once you couldn't see him anymore.

That was a very warm farewell from the both of you, it's beginning to look like you both go way back. Like best pals. Strange to say, you never liked him at the beginning. But the more you got closer, the more you saw the man he truly was, and that let your guard down slowly.

You both now consider each other as friends, which you're still pretty new to. Yes, you saw the true kindness in him, but your little fragile heart was still afraid of betrayal. It's not like you had experienced it, but you read enough novels to make you create an invisible wall for yourself so people can't hurt you.

"Please don't make me regret putting all my trust in you, Diluc" You spoke to yourself and once again made your way home.

____________________