Chapter 34:Two faced(4).

❝What do you mean you're going to work? ❞William said as he watched Zhia Xiang get dressed.

❝Do you have problems with your hearing, darling? ❞Zhia Xiang asked as she brushed her hair.

❝I thought we already talked about this... Don't I make enough money for the both of us? You should stay at home and take care of the house. ❞William said grabbing her hand.

Zhia Xiang shot him a deadly glare and he froze immediately.

❝Grab me like that again and you will regret marrying me. ❞Zhia Xiang said, accentuating every word as she looked him in the eyes.

William stepped back not believed his eyes.

❝What happened to you, Cassandra? What have I done to be treated like this? You've become so harsh and disobedient, where is the sweet woman I fell in love with? ❞William said looking at how Zhia Xiang continued to apply makeup.

She rolled her eyes and closed her powder with a loud sound.

❝I have to go now, darling. Have a good day at work. ❞Zhia Xiang said more like a warning.

As soon as she left, William clenched his fists in anger.

❝Just you wait... ❞He said angry.

❝You must be Alec's daughter, Cassandra, am I right? ❞ a pretty young man asked as soon as Zhia Xiang entered the headmaster's room.

❝He can't be older than 35.❞ She thought as she sat in the chair.

❝Yes, that is me, sir. ❞Zhia Xiang said polite.

❝I'm good friends with your father so I trust he told the truth about your skills. ❞ The headmaster said looking at Zhia Xiang.

❝Yes, being a teacher is what I always wanted. I may not have experience, but I learn quick. ❞Zhia Xiang said looking back into his red eyes.

The man smiled.

❝You're interesting, I like you. My name is Edric Heroux, but you may call me Edric.❞ Edric said giving Zhia Xiang a small smile.

❝Sir Edric it is. When can I start? ❞Zhia Xiang asked.

❝Today I'll have you assist the classes so you get familiarized with your surroundings and the way this school works.You'll be replacing lady Dourwell starting tomorrow so I'll have her teach you everything you need to now for today. She's waiting for you outside my office. ❞Edric explained.

❝Alright, I understand. I'll leave then, thank you again for the opportunity.❞Zhia Xiang bowed her head grateful and left the office.

Edric looked at the door silent.

❝Anything in your mind? ❞ The man who stood behind Edric the whole time, asked.

❝I like her, Faris. Get me a file on her.❞ Edric said smirking.

❝To your disappointment, she's already married, boss.❞ Faris said.

Edric's smile grew even more.

❝Is he a match for me? ❞ He asked looking at his friend.

❝Not.❞Faris replied.

Edric laughed and his eyes returned to the door.

❝He won't stay in my way then. Just get me some info about her. ❞Edric said and Faris nodded his head, leaving to carry on with the order.

Zhia Xiang spent her first day assisting the teacher she'll be replacing, learning how to manage the kids and other basics.

It was already 3pm when she finished and ready to leave.

❝It's not as hard as I thought it would be.❞ Zhia Xiang thought as she exited the school's building, meeting a pair of blue eyes looking directly at her.

❝Sir Edric? Is something the matter? ❞Zhia Xiang asked a little confused.

❝Not really, I want to know if you're free now. ❞ Edric said looking at Zhia Xiang.

❝I am, but why? ❞Zhia Xiang asked, blinking slowly.

❝There is a new restaurant in town and I would love to go accompanied by you. ❞Edric said touching Zhia Xiang'z hair.

❝Oh he's totally flirting. Let's see... could I use a man in my plan? Yes, I could. ❞ Zhia Xiang thought about her revenge plan under Edric's gaze.

❝There is something wild going on behind those eyes and I would love to know what. ❞Edric said raising Zhia Xiang's chin up.

❝I accept the invitation, sir Edric. ❞Zhia Xiang said smiling.

❝Wonderful. ❞Edric replied offering his arm.

Zhia Xiang linked arms with him and got in the carriage.

❝Where is she? ❞William asked baffled.

❝I told you... she was at the new restaurant with a man. ❞

❝I can't believe it! ❞William said angry and thought about going there to make a scene, but that could end up bad for him.

❝I can't leave it like this! She's taking me as an idiot! But if she truly leaves me... I need to make her sign the papers and give me this house quick. ❞ William thought angrily, but then he remembered Helene.

She's also a daughter of Alec's so if I marry her, I won't lose anything. ❞ William said and smiled from ear to ear.

Zhia Xiang was discussing different topics with Edric.

❝I've heard you're married... how is he?❞Edric asked looking at the wine glass in his hand.

Zhia Xiang looked at him and sighed.

❝You want me to be honest? ❞She asked, tipsy from the wine.

❝Of course. ❞Edric replied.

❝Complete trash, I don't what the fuck was in my head when I married him. ❞ Zhia Xiang replied, not caring about polite speech anymore.

Edric was surprised by the change in her personality, but he didn't disliked it.

❝Care to elaborate? ❞He asked again, taking a sip from his wine.

Zhia Xiang's eyes were filled with hate as she downed the wine she had left in the glass.

❝He's simply shit from all points. He want my money and even more fun, he's cheating with my sister. But I'll make them both regret the day they were born. ❞ Zhia Xiang said smashing the empty glass in her hand. ❝Oh my, oops. ❞ She said looking at her bloody hand.

Edric quickly pulled out the broken glass from her hand and placed clean napkins to stop the bleeding. Zhia Xiang was looking at her hand smiling.

❝Doesn't it hurt? ❞Edric asked, looking at her smile,feeling drowned to her.

❝A little. ❞ Zhia Xiang replied looking back at him. ❝Sir Edric? Do you want to make a big mistake together? ❞ she added.

Edric smirked and got closer to her face.

❝What kind of big mistake? ❞He asked softly.

Zhia Xiang pretended to think.