TWENTY-ONE

TWENTY-ONE
OLLIE

I've been on edge all day.

Eventually Lilah did go home, much to my displeasure but I understand that she's scared. I have to respect that her hands are basically tied.

I just need to figure out a plan to cut her free.

However, I did want to see her but she told me she won't be available for the next couple of days as she has her next book to focus on.

Call me clingy but I don't think I can go that long without seeing her beautiful face.

What doesn't help is the fact that Dale has now finished work. That means he'll be going back home to my girl.

"Dale." I stop him just as he goes to press the button to the lift.

I watch as his fists clench before he turns to face me — a forced smile on his ugly fucking face.

"Yes, boss?" He says and I hold back rolling my eyes at the way he's acting.

"I was wondering if you and your wife would like to join my uncle and I for dinner this evening?" I smirk and watch as he gulps.

"Really?" He questions in shock and I nod my head, looking down at him. "I mean yes of course!" He grins and I pat his shoulder.

"My assistant will email you the details." I'm embarrassed for the man as he scurries off with a wide smile on his face.

Poor man thinks I want to have dinner with him when really it's just an excuse to be close to his wife.

My girl.

After around twenty minutes, Dale must have of arrived back home because Lilah sends me a message.

My girl - Please explain to me why my 'husband' has come home saying I need to get ready for dinner with his boss?! :/

I chuckle.

O - I miss you :(

My girl - This is going to be a mess, Ollie. I really wish you had told me first.

My smile falls.

She's upset with me.

Fuck.

Maybe I should have told her first but instead I thought with my heart rather than my head.

O - I'm sorry, baby.

My eyes widen when I read seen five minutes later.

Seen!

She really is mad!

•••

"Remind me why you've dragged me to have dinner with the woman you're having an affair with and her husband?" My uncle Nasir groans.

He grabs his beer and takes a massive gulp.

I'm already nervous because I know Lilah is mad at me.

"I don't know what I was thinking." I sigh, my knee bouncing under the table.

"I don't even fucking like this Dale guy. So don't be surprised by the end of the night if I connect my fist with his jaw." He scoffs and I roll my eyes. "I've got a couple things to say as well, it might help your situation with his wife."

"What is it?" I grow curious, somewhat glad that he might have a solution for Lilah's marriage.

"You'll see."

My breath hitches when I see my gorgeous girl walk through the entrance of the restaurant. She's clad in a gorgeous black dress that hugs her figure perfectly. All I want to do is pull her into my arms and keep her there forever.

But just like that my smile falls when I see Dale walk in behind her — my jaw clenches when I see him wrap his arm around her waist.

Why have I done this to myself?!

"Unclench your jaw, you'll break your teeth." Nasir chuckles and stands up. "Lilah, beautiful lady." He doesn't even hesitate to grab hold of her hand and place a kiss on the top of it.

Dale doesn't even bat an eyelid.

"Hello, Nasir." She greets politely and my heart warms.

"Good evening." I smile at her but she gives me a discreet glare before nodding her head.

"Thank you for inviting me for dinner, boss. I'm guessing I must be giving off a good impression." Dale says confidently, taking a seat.

I scoff when he doesn't even pull Lilah's chair open for her.

I make my way over and pull the chair out for my girl.

She doesn't say anything and takes a seat.

I gulp and take a seat across from her.

She's really not happy.

I can't help but admire her however. She's so fucking beautiful, she constantly has my heart racing.

My nostrils flare when I see Dale put his arm around the back of her chair. Lilah tenses and she looks at me with sad eyes.

Ollie, you fucking idiot!

I wanted to take this opportunity to humiliate Dale further that I didn't even think about how uncomfortable this would make my girl.

The first half of the dinner is silent.

That is until Dale the dickhead opens his mouth.

"So, boss."

I cut him off straight away. "It's Mr Burhan. Not boss." I retort, cutting into my steak.

"You're right. Sorry. I'm really thankful for you inviting me here tonight and I wanted to take this opportunity to ask if you could consider me for a promotion." He has to be joking.

Nasir let's out a full bellowed laugh.

Dale frowns.

Lilah picks up her drink.

And I sigh.

"No." I simply answer. "Dale —"

"You're being transferred." I freeze and turn to look at my uncle as he stares at the man with a straight face.

"Transferred? Where?"

That's what I wanna know.

What is my uncle playing at?!

"Germany. I've chosen a selection of people to work in our office in Berlin. Maybe you could watch our hard-workers there and take notes." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Germany?" Dale stares at my uncle in shock, I can see the light sheet of sweat on his forehead. "That is quite far sir. Could I not be moved to an office in this country?"

"It will be for a year, so you'll be back home in no time." Nasir leans back in his seat and smirks at Dale. "Is this a problem, Mr Bradford because a lot of things seem to be a problem with you."

"No, no, no. I'm honoured."

I look over at Lilah to see she also looks shocked.

Then it hits me.

If he moves to Germany then he'll try and take Lilah with him.

A/N
💕