Chapter 41: Christmas Day

Fred's POV:
It's been a week since y/n decorated for Christmas, we have spent every minute of everyday together and occasionally interrupted by George and Ginny. Today is Christmas Eve morning and I know how excited y/n will be. I woke up that morning alone. I was hugging a pillow and my arms wrapped around it, just like how I fell asleep with y/n. A minute later I smelt cookies waft through the house, the smell had enticed me out of bed and I wandered downstairs. The smell became stronger as I approached the kitchen, I hinged the door open and the smell hit me in the face. I then saw y/n standing in the kitchen, in a small grey apron over the top of her pyjamas. I stood in the doorway just admiring her as she was taking cookies out of the oven.

"Good morning lovey" I said. She turned around with a awkward smile and a slight blush.

"Morning Freddie, did I wake you?" I asked nervously as she placed cookies on a cooling rack.

"Of course you didn't. What are you doing anyway?"

"I'm making cookies" she said.

"They smell delicious! I've never seen you make cookies before" I remember.

"It's a tradition, me, mum and dad would always make cookies on Christmas Eve. We would eat them in the evening with a hot chocolate and a Christmas movie" she whispered "I haven't done it in years because I've been with you"

"How about we watch a movie tonight. Like you used to do" I asked. I made my way over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my chin on her head.

"I would love that Freddie" she responded "but what are we doing today"

"How about we go and play in the snow. We could have a snowball fight" I suggested. She nodded with a smile. I leaned over and planted a kiss on her cheek. She let me help her finish the cookies, we placed some on a small plate on the table and we hid the majority in her wardrobe. Y/n blocked my view so I couldn't see gifts she got, all I saw was a huge pile of colourful wrapping paper. She closed the wardrobe and placed a charm on it. She said so Ron couldn't get the rest.

We grabbed warm clothes out of our trunks, I grabbed some joggers and my Christmas jumper from last year. I threw it on before I placed on my shoes, coat, hat and scarf. Y/n had got out some jeans, a long sleeve top, her hoodie, her trainers and her hat. We said goodbye to my parents and ran out of the door. And in hand.

Y/n's POV:
Me and Fred walked along the snowy streets towards Hyde park, which was a 10 minute walk. Our hands were clutched onto each other's and our promise rings clinked together occasionally as we walked. We arrived at the park, the usually green grass was covered in a thick layer of white snow, our shoe prints embedded in the snow with a crunch as we walked.

"What first lovey" Fred asked me. She stared down at my y/e/c eyes and I looked into his deep brown eyes.

"How about a snowball fight. Without magic"  I suggested

"Sure. But I'll beat you" Fred whispered into my ear. His warm breath warmed by cheeks and I felt them go red.

"You wish Weasley" I whispered back. I slid my hand out and his and walked away from each other. I pre made about 10 snowballs and hid them behind a tree.

"START!" Fred yelled.

I immediately picked up a snowball in each hand and pelted them at Fred. I managed to hit him with every snowball. Fred managed to hit me a few times but missed most of them. I packed a large snowball together and threw it. It seemed like it went in slow motion, it eventually made it to Fred and hit him square in the face. I laughed and fell to the floor laughing.

"Fine. You win y/l/n" Fred defeated as he gave me his hand and hauled me off the floor and into a hug.

"I told you darling" I said. I smiled at him with rosy cheeks and a red nose.