𝟏𝟗 | 𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

I walked down the stairs with a soulless expression on my face, dragging behind me my legs as heavy as stones

Water.

All I could think about was the supply of this fluid to my body. I needed to put out the Sahara in my dry mouth immediately.

"What the hell did you think you were doing?" Leo shrieked at me as soon as I peeked out from behind the wall. Frightened, I took a step back. What was he doing here? And why did he look so displeased? "Run away like this, and right now, when-"

"Shut up!" Otto yelled back. He had been sitting on a leather seat, but when he noticed me, he stood up quickly, taking a cup from the kitchen counter, filling it with clear liquid. He handed it to me, and I drank it all at once, then I thanked him quietly. "She lost consciousness twice, and you're yelling at her like that! I'd like to see how you would look like after losing as much blood as she did!" Because of his intense shouting, a vein has appeared on his forehead.

"Let him talk, I'd like to know why I can't move arbitrarily on my own," I muttered, looking at Leo questioningly. The last time I saw him was at Betty's party. He looked different. Something was bothering him, and I could bet it had something to do with my father. I needed to know what. Right now. "What do you know?"

"I won't tell you anything," Leo said, "you ran away like a child, and I could have a problem because of that. If Lucifer hadn't gone looking for White and found that I had-" Suddenly, he stopped talking because he realized he said more than enough anyway.

"Who's White?" Otto was just as interested as I was. I've never heard this name be associated with my family. With my father, I corrected myself.

"Fuck," Leo swore, running his fingers through his hair. His eyes pierced the floor and didn't even blink once.

"Tell me who White is and why Lucifer chose to look for him, or I won't hold myself back!" I exclaimed, trying to strengthen my breaking voice. However, my voice wasn't the only thing that was weak. My whole body hurt from the constant fainting, I felt incapacitated. I couldn't afford to lose all my strength, even though I didn't have much of it anyways.

I had to stay strong and find out why Leo knew more about my father than I did. Why did Lucifer trust a person who worked for him rather than his own daughter? Was he afraid that the burden of that information would be so heavy that I would break beneath it? Because right now it was the other way around. Not what I knew, but what I didn't know, was the cause of my destruction. Outside and inside.

"Don't be pathetic, you're barely on your feet," Leo said mockingly, still staring at the ground.

"She may not be able to do much, but I can still kick your selfish ass," Otto growled, rolling up his sleeves. Leo laughed.

"Calm down, Romeo," Leo chuckled, "you're no knight in shiny black armor, and the fact that sometimes you kill someone in video games doesn't make you-"