𝟐𝟏 | 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

The bed in the guest room was comfortable enough to ease my aching body but not enough to keep me from overthinking

The bed in the guest room was comfortable enough to ease my aching body but not enough to keep me from overthinking. I refused to admit that I was in a dead-end from which I couldn't get out. I needed to do something immediately.

The door to the room flew open, causing me almost rolled to the ground. What the hell? I turned to the intruder, and my shock changed to anger.

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" I asked Leo, who was amused by my reaction.

"We're at my house, I don't have to knock," he proclaimed, leaning against the doorframe with a naughty smirk from ear to ear. I took a deep breath, ready to call him out, but then decided to spare him from a lecture on good behavior. I couldn't afford to lose another minute.

"Okay, why are you here?" I asked straightforward.

"I thought you might wanna cuddle with me," Leo said, giving me a seductive look, which made my eyes roll.

"You're hilarious," I said ironically but still demanded a real answer. "So?" Leo pushed himself away from the doorframe, pulling something from behind his back.

"I brought you something to sleep in," he explained while I stared blankly at the object in his hands. It was a black medium-sized box tied with a red ribbon. Leo handed it to me, and I started to examine it skeptically.

"Open it already, for God's sake," Leo muttered impatiently, rubbing his face with his palm. I hesitated a while but then finally pulled the deep red bow and put the lid down. Why does it look like...

"Are you kidding me?!" I exclaimed indignantly.

"I have nothing else here," Leo defended, laughing. "And this looks like your size." I shook my head in disbelief, still not believing he was serious about this.

"Are you giving me the negligee of your mistresses?" I spat out angrily.

"No one before has worn it. It was supposed to be a gift," he argued as if he was offering to me something ordinary like a freaking dessert.

"Your lover's gift," I specified. A heavy sigh came from his mouth.

"Does it matter?"

I didn't answer. Of course, it mattered, damn it! First of all, I didn't want to wear something that was not originally bought for me, and also, I didn't feel like showing off in front of him in erotic lingerie! What does that douchebag think?

Leo took two steps closer, picked up the box, and placed it in my open palms.

"If you don't want to wear something that's not yours, here you go – I'm giving it to you," he said without any expression as if he still didn't understand that it was inappropriate. Looking straight into his eyes, I tried to find a hint of him joking. No words did come out of me, even though my mouth has opened a little. If I won't find something reasonable to say, I will have to slam this box against his head. Fortunately, Otto entered the room and saved me.