The Maw (Halo-Combat Evolved) Final

The camera slowly pans up as it flies over the sand, revealing a burnt coastline, and a giant gouge where the terrain has been ripped away and the sea has flooded into the newly-formed canyon. At the top of that canyon rises the massive stern of the Pillar of Autumn, relatively intact. The camera circles around the side and front of her, revealing that her nose is hanging just slightly off a massive cliff, and that the antennae along the bow have been bent and torn away. The entire bow has been burnt badly; the metal is scarred. The once powerful cruiser looks almost pitiful, and it is clear its only purpose left is to destroy Halo. As the camera circles around to reveal the starboard side, a slightly damaged, smoking Banshee drifts into view followed by a perfectly fine Banshee

The camera cuts to a view of the outside through one of the ship's Bumblebee docking slips. The damaged Banshee comes into the frame and veers wildly towards the Pillar of Autumn.

Cortana: (panicked) "This thing is falling apart!"

Y/N L/N: (calmly) "It'll hold."

Cortana: "We're not gonna make it!"

Y/N L/N: "We'll make it."

Cortana: (urgently) "Pull up! Pull up!"

The Banshee drops just before reaching the Bumblebee slip and smashes into the side of the Pillar of Autumn, sending debris and fire hurling out madly.

Cortana: (sardonic) "You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

Your hand appears from below and grips the edge of the slip, and you pull yourself up and onto the Pillar of Autumn. The other Banshee hovers next to the opening of the ship as Master Chief jumps from it onto the Autumn. The Banshee then smashes onto the ground followed by a explosion. Chief stands from her crouching position and looks towards you.

Master Chief: "You just had to show off didn't you"

Y/N L/N: "Yep"

Chief shakes her head but underneath her helmet she's smirking. The Spartans ready their weapons as they proceed to make their way into the Autumn.

Cortana: "We need to get to the bridge. From there, we can use the Captain's neural implants to initiate an overload of the ship's fusion engines. The explosion should damage enough systems below it to destroy the ring."

As the Spartans heads for the bridge, they discover Covenant, Flood, and Sentinels fighting through out the ship. Eventually after a lot of fighting, they reached the bridge.

Cortana: "The bridge. We made it. Let's get to work."

The Spartans cleared out the Covenant Spec Ops team guarding the bridge.

Cortana: "I need you to upload me into the control systems. The terminal is located next to the main view screen."

You take Cortana's chip from your helmet and inserts it into the cylindrical terminal near the front of the bridge. Cortana's avatar appears above it.

Cortana: "I leave home for a few days, and look what happens. This won't take long."

She concentrates for a moment, and the main screen flickers to life. "Self Destruct Sequence Initiated" is displayed across the top, and numbers begin counting down from what is, as far as we can tell, a random starting point between five and fifty-nine minutes.

Cortana: "There. That should give us enough time to make it to a lifeboat and put some distance between ourselves and Halo before the detonation."

You move to unplug Cortana from the terminal, but stops abruptly when the Spartans hears an all-too-familiar voice.