𝟑𝟑 | 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

THE WEEK BEFORE

... THE WEEK BEFORE ...

With heavy steps, Lucifer came toward the dead woman, and with his cold fingers, pushed her eyes full of fear. She knew how it would end. She knew she was going to die, but she stayed here anyway, defending what her brother-in-law had left her, until her last moment. She died for the same thing that killed him.

The man realized he didn't have much time. Neighbors must have heard the shot and soon one of them calls the police. Therefore, he had to act quickly. He pulled a black box from under an old newspaper in a drawer in the hallway. What he was looking for was there. It was waiting only for him.

Lucifer didn't hesitate and tucked the USB into the inside pocket of his jacket, then picked up a barrel of gasoline from the garage and began getting rid of the tracks. Soon the whole house smelled of penetrating combustibles. All he had to do was strike with a match or switch on a lighter. But even before the man left everything to the hot flames, he stopped at the photo frame put on one of the drawers.

Five people looked at him. Young and happy. He realized how easy everything was then. Nothing is easy now. Not even igniting memories and watching the flames eat them.

The man's phone rang, and he picked it up without fear as if he had completely forgotten what had happened here a moment ago. After all, what if another danger lurked on the opposite side of the line?

"Ding, dong, Lucifer," an icy voice came from his cell phone.

White. Somehow, hastily Andrew managed to tell his boss everything. Lucifer hoped he hadn't missed how he kicked his lousy ass.

"What you hear are hell bells. They're ringing because you took something that belongs to me," he hissed menacingly but didn't know Lucifer couldn't be so easily frightened.

"Really? Like I give a single shit," he snorted without a hint of interest. The handset shook with the other person's laughter.

"My friend, come on-"

"Don't call me that. We've never been friends," Lucifer snapped.

"Just because you didn't want to work for me, should I consider you an enemy now?" White asked with a wide smile on his face. "Who do you think I am?"

"I think you're an ordinary fucker who killed my brother just because he doesn't know how to respect his people," Lucifer said.

"Watch the tone you speak to me, O'Donnell," White hissed. "I'll get straight to the point. I have a proposition for you. "

"I don't want anything from you, you fuck-"

"Ts, ts, ts, let me finish the sentence," he interrupted in a voice so calm that Lucifer was slowly losing his temper, "don't you know that interrupting other people's speech is rude? But I shouldn't be surprised because Cain wasn't twice as polite either."

Lucifer gripped the phone until his hinds were white. If he could, he would probably crush it. With each of White's words, a dangerous fire was pouring into him.

"Now listen to me carefully," White stressed. "You give me the USB and I'll let you keep your fleeing tongue in your mouth, okay? Nothing will happen to anyone."

"And if I don't give it to you?" Lucifer asked, too aggressively.

"You know very well what will happen if you don't do as I say," White warned him. "I'll go after your family first – I'll drag them in front of you and you'll beg me on your knees, so I didn't kill them. And then, when you see my bullet fly through your wife's brain and... what is she called? Ria?"

"You-"

"I will take that as yes. So where did I stop? Oh... when the bullet flies through the brain of your wife and your daughter Ria, then I'll take you. With my bare hands, I will beat the crap out of you."

Lucifer chuckled, and White asked him a question:

"Is something funny, my friend?"

"You're ridiculous," Lucifer said angrily between his teeth, having enough of this charade. "You and your whole idea of ​​killing me to death. You would have to know how to do it first. Not to mention that you would have to get your hands dirty. I'll tell you something – not even the handkerchief you're always carrying, will help you get rid of the blood on your hands. Nothing will. You would have to burn in hell alive for this to happen."

The person at the other end of the line yawned.

"Are you through yet? You prepared it nicely, a truly moving speech to my dark soul. What a pity that there are too many screams in it – the cry of those I killed, therefore the words of the same sinner will not move with me in any way. Don't worry, your voice will be there soon. I always get what I want," White said theatrically. "And you and that USB will be no exception." As soon as he finished, the line got dead, leaving nothing but silence in Lucifer's cell phone. Silence before the storm.

 Silence before the storm

Hello everyone! 

I'm sorry you had to wait, but I've been outside my city visiting my newborn niece (I'm an aunt, woohoo) without my notebook so I wasn't able to update. Anyways, more chapters are coming today.

Be ready,

Mia De Parth