Chapter 97: And that's all I'm going to say about it

Luz's P.O.V.

In the corner of my eye, I notice Hunter who emerges from the kitchen, and so I get up. He opens his mouth to talk but I'm too quick and tell him "Follow me." I can hear a sigh from him as I lead him up to my room as we need to talk. Once I get him in, I shut the door as we need complete privacy. "Hunter. You need to stay here. I mean, what if a guard sneaks up on you and knocks the staff out of your hands."

"Well maybe it would be better if I died out there than taking you all with me. I'm sorry I was so harsh outside, but you're all probably going to get killed. Darius is strong enough by himself, so he might not let his guard down next time." And suddenly, my mind flashes back to when he was taken away from Darius.

"When we told you what happened when you were unconscious, when me and Amity tried to fight Darius, I think you wanted to tell me something. Like you were going to criticize me, but you just thanked me. What were you going to say?"

I sighs, looking down. "I was going to tell you it was a stupid move. Risking your life for someone who's going to get you eventually killed. But I didn't want to tell you that." I give him a confused glance. "When have you been afraid to tell someone the harsh truth? Unless maybe it was Edric." He pinches the bridge of his nose.

"It's because I guess I see you as a sister or whatever." My eyes widen at what he says. "Really? Why?" "Well you could've let me die, but you didn't. You fun to be around I guess. You keep on trying to help me. And that's all I'm going to say about it."

"Thank you, Hunter. But you have to promise me you won't.. leave." At the last part of my sentence, I stutter briefly and remembering Mama's words. Really wanting for someone to stay. But he's not answering me. "But what about Edric. They don't know you're here right now. And imagine how sad he'd be if the news of you dead would be told by Belos." He looks down, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Fine. I'll stay." But the tone sounds off, like he's planning something. "Promise?" "Fine. If it means that much to you, I promise." He gets up and walks out, not wanting to say anymore.

(Was the chapter good? Spelling)