𝟒𝟑 | 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"What was that supposed to mean?" Otto asked after half an hour of his private singing concert

"What was that supposed to mean?" Otto asked after half an hour of his private singing concert. If the circumstances were different, I would surely object and shut my friend's mouth with Cheetos or something, but now... I had no choice but to be glad that he was in this mess with me, at least "enjoying" a bit of this suicide mission.

"What was supposed to mean what?" I asked confused, trying to find out what he was thinking, but still paid the most of my attention to driving. "Your shrieking, which you consider a singing? Should I really comment on that? You don't have tissues nor mom here, so I don't think you can handle my criticism, Wilder," I smirked. Otto hid his face in a feigned painful grimace. It was clear he was trying to suppress a smile.

"Pff, you obviously don't have a good taste," he snorted, nodding his head to the back of the car, where Leo was laying. "Even so, I bet your most secretive night dreams are me in a Gucci suit, looking absolutely dashing at Grammys. I'm hundred percent sure I would kill it with my outfit. As always." Otto chuckled smugly and smoothed his hair back with his hands as if he was some popular jock in TV series.

I grinned.

"Then what were you talking about?"

"I meant your conversation with Leo," he explained. "Did you really think I fell asleep and missed it?"

"You eavesdropped on us again?!" I shrieked like an angry mother, who saw that her child had not finished its lunch. Otto's smile had spread into a more provocative and bigger one.

"He cares about you. Yes, he's a jerk – there is no doubt about that, but I'm sure you can see too that he's starting to show feelings to you," he said with a serious voice.

I tightened my grip on the steering wheel as my face flooded with a curious expression, which I immediately tried to hide. Does he really think so? Is it so visible how Leo's behavior towards me has changed?

"I don't know what you're talking about," I denied, knowing that I can't fool anyone, neither myself.

"Oh my god, Ria, please, stop. I'm your best friend, I know you and I certainly don't buy shit like this," he said, and I gave myself a slap in my head for not playing it more convincingly. "It's mutual." My friend's words echoed in my ears. He didn't even give me a space to deny it and keep the conversation going. "Did you want to kiss him?"

His question got me in shock because I realized the truth. I longed to do it. I really, really, really wanted to kiss him. But I couldn't.

I stayed silent, not sure if I wanted Otto to know. And I was also doubtful because of Leo. What would happen if he found out? Would he take back everything he said? Would he make fun of me, tell me it was all just a game? That he just wanted to prove that he can easily make everyone have a crush on him?

"What? Are you afraid he's not sleeping?" Otto said. Why does he always know how I feel? For others, I am a book that cannot be read. But he seemed to know in advance what was going inside of my head.