Chapter 12 (Sick Day)

"Alright Rem, since we begin school next week. I want to introduce you to an important and vital piece of technology" Subaru said. Rem looked at him curious to what he had to show her

"What is it Subaru?" Rem asked curiously. Subaru got out of bed and walked toward the computer at the side of his room

"I remember you took interest in this device when we first got here. I wanted to wait until you could read Japanese to introduce you to this revolutionary machine. Subaru said as he turned the computer on. The computer sprung to life emitting a start up noise

Rem closed the textbook she was reading and set it down on the nightstand. She got out of bed and walked over to Subaru. He already had the computer started up at the homescreen.

Subaru immediately covered the screen as the explicit wallpaper he forgot about covered the screen. He looked over at Rem and saw her confused expression. He prayed that she didn't lay eyes on his homescreen

"Subaru what are you hiding?" Rem asked innocently. Subaru let go a sigh of relief and hastily changed the wallpaper to a random safe image he had on his computer. He revealed the screen back to Rem.

"Alright Rem. You already know this is what we call a computer. The computer gives you the ability to search up anything on the web. Like any piece of information. It's really useful for assignments" Subaru said

"It can look up anything?" Rem asked as she walked closer to the screen. Subaru nodded his head.

"Yes Rem anything" Subaru said. He loaded up a map of the world and showed it to Rem. She looked at the map on the screen with curiosity and wonder in her eyes

"This Rem, is the map of the world we are currently on. Those lines indicate the borders of each country" Subaru said. Rem nodded her head. She couldn't believe Subarus' world possessed so many countries.

"In fact, I think this program in particular allows us to go to a street view," Subaru said as he explored the interface. The screen suddenly zoomed on a part of the globe and revealed a street view.

"Ah there we go. Rem this shows us the streets of... Guysborough, Novascotia. In a country called Canada I think" Subaru said as he read the information at the top of the screen. Rem nodded her head. She couldn't believe she was able to see a whole country from the comfort of home..

"Anyways, try it out yourself" Subaru said as he reset the map of the earth. He got out of the chair and let Rem sit down in it.

"Give me your right hand," Subaru asked. Rem held out her right hand, and Subaru guided it to the mouse.

"Alright Rem, what you wanna do is guide the cursor to what country you want to zoom in on" Subaru said. Rem moved the mouse and the cursor went all over the place, she had a hard time controlling it. The cursor flew all over the screen Rem was adjusted to the sensitivity.

"Rem you need to move the mouse more gently," Subaru said. Rem did as instructed and moved the mouse with more precision. She eventually had some though little understanding of how to control the cursor.

"Alright Rem, pick any country. Just click and drag that little figure there to go to the street view" Subaru said. Rem nodded as she stared at the map deciding what country to pick. She eventually pointed to the place she wanted to view.

Subaru looked over to the place she was pointing at "The... United Kingdom... Interesting"

"Alright now click and drag that icon to the country" Subaru said. Rem hovered the corser over the icon Subaru pointed to and clicked it and moved the mouse.

"Rem you need to hold down the mouse button" Subaru said. Rem tried again this time she held it and dragged the cursor over the country she wanted to visit. She hovered the icon over the country.