temperance - NOW YOU SEE ME [A]

TITLE — TEMPERANCE

status: available
faceclaim: naomi scott*
oc: bailey rogers* / rhodes / shrike
fandom: now you see me
love interest: none
first appearance: now you see me one
last appearance: tbd

status: availablefaceclaim: naomi scott*oc: bailey rogers* / rhodes / shrikefandom: now you see melove interest: nonefirst appearance: now you see me onelast appearance: tbd

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

COME IN CLOSE, CLOSER. BECAUSE the more you think you see, the easier it'll be to fool you. That is the art of Magic. Because the closer you look... The less you'll see.

For Bailey Rogers - a broken, lonely girl - magic was her only escape from the unfortunate life she lived. Ever since she was a child, she had been verbally abused by her Mother, but at the age of nine, when she begged for a magic kit for her birthday, Kali Rogers slapped her daughter for the first time and from then on, it just continued. It was ironic how magic was her escape, but it was also the thing her Mother hated most, maybe that was one of the reasons she enjoyed it so much.

Another reason why the art of magic appealed to her, was because it felt natural, it felt right. It was as if it ran in her veins, not that she would know if it did, because to her, her father was just a gene donor, nothing more. Not that she could blame him though because her Mother had never told him and she didn't give up his name neither, even when she was too drunk or high to recall the night prior.

The fourteen year old performed in parks, squares and tourist attractions, basically where the money was most likely to come from. She was a street magician and a good one too. Her hard earned money went to straight into a jar she kept under her bed, hidden from her Mother, so one day she could leave and never come back. Bailey was an adventurous and curious girl who wanted to see the world, to experience the cultures and most importantly, taste the food. But living that lifestyle was only a dream, nothing more, because it couldn't come true.

Then one day, after performing magic to a decently sized audience, Bailey finds a tarot card and then everything changes. She becomes the Fifth Horseman and a few weeks later, she meets her father who does nothing but complicates the Horseman's plans for joining the eye. The all seeing eye bring joy and laughter to the world and their purpose is to determine the frauds from the real deal. And Bailey is what they hope, because she is magic and magic is her.

If you don't particularly like this summary, feel free to edit it to your liking.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

epigraph:

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."