chapter 14

In a dark room, chinyere sat on the floor sobbing profusely, her attention fixed on an object in the center of the room. As she looked at the object, her expression suddenly turned fierce and she stood up. She reached for the object and touched the cold steel. As if stung by something, she pulled away from the gun instantly. Yes, it was a gun and she could still hear her father's voice in her head.
Take it dear. If anybody attacks you, just pull the trigger and you'll be fine.I am a politician and you are my daughter, so your life could be in danger. Anytime you are in danger, just aim at the chest and you'll be alright.
She had collected the gun and flung it on the floor in fear.
Now, she was sobbbing really hard. Father was a heartless old man with crazy and selfish ambitions, he didn't even care about her life. How she missed her mother! Mother would have taken her away from the country, so she could be safe.As she thought about her mother, she cried out and started shaking. Her mother was dead and she was there when the poor gentle soul was killed. Her father killed her!
When she was ten, her parents had an argument and her father slapped her mother hard. She fell and hit her head on the floor, she had died instantly. Her father then showed her a gun and threatened her never to tell anyone that he had mistakenly killed his wife. So whenever she was asked,she always said her mother slipped while cleaning the floor and died. Her father had ruined her life,he taught her never to be weak but to bully others because according to him, it's a sign of superiority. Hence, Chinyere became a little monster, always looking for ways to show her father how strong she was by bullying her mates.
Suddenly,she heard a noise in the room. Her heart racing,she quickly grabbed the cold gun and switched on the light.
It was a man!
He was walking menacingly towards her with a dirty handkerchief.
"Stay away!" Chinyere yelled in fright.
"Or what?" He sneered and lunged forward without warning.
Chinyere screamed with all her strength as his rough hands grabbed her arm and throat. She closed her hand about the gun in her pocket and willed herself to shoot him. She brought out the gun and closed her eyes before shooting clumsily with a scream.
The last thing she saw was the man's surprised face before slumping to the ground as darkness enveloped her.

**** ****
Omar pulled up in front of a beautiful duplex and came down from the car. After a while, Patricia opened the gate,came out and hugged him.
"What took you so long?" She pouted.
"Traffic" he replied.
"Okay, what's the time?"
"It's past eleven already,are your things ready?"
"Yes" she blushed.
"Good. Get in the car" he opened the door and after she got in,he dumped her luggages in the booth. He looked around, entered the car and sped off.

*** *** ***
"Daddy, I'm going to meet a friend" Maria said.
"No" Mr Amaechi said.
"Why?" Maria asked in despair and her father gave her a questioning glare. "Okay fine... I know I've been grounded since the day I had that party but isn't it time to forgive me?" She pleaded with her eyes.
"Maria" her father sighed "you gave senator Akachi a chance to humiliate us,that's one reason. We also told you never to hold a party without a chaperone,yet you disobeyed us. Listen Maria, we've talked about this and I don't want to hear one word of protest from you again. Imagine! You even abused alcohol!"
"Daddy! I said I don't take alcohol! Chinyere spiked my orange juice"
"Chinyere this Chinyere that. Was she the host of the party? Why did you allow her into your party in the first place? After all she has done to you... You're a glutton for punishment" he held up a hand when Maria wanted to speak "Enough Maria. The purpose of this punishment is for you to remember to think before leaping into something disastrous"
"But it wasn't really bad!" She cried.
"The day after that incident, people kept twitting insults to me. I was embarrassed. Do you know what children your age called me? A greedy father who cannot stop his drunk daughter from constituting nuisance. If I go to a mall or my office,I must get one embarrassment or the other. Just yesterday, some thugs threw stones at me and my bodyguards had to protect me from them. I'm being humiliated every single day because if this scandal"
"I'm sorry Dad..." Maria choked on tears "I'm really sorry" she looked at her feet "I had no idea you had to go through all these. Please forgive me daddy,I..." A sob escaped her.
Her father stood up and walked to her "it's okay dear, just promise me you'll stay away from that girl and her father" he held her shoulder.
"I promise dad.. oh I promise" he hugged her and she cried in his embrace.

**** **** ****
"Where are you going?" Maureen asked Michelle.
"To the store on the express" she replied
"To do what?"
"To get a pair of stockings ma"
"You just love wasting money don't you?"
"Excuse me ma?" Michelle asked in confusion.
"What? You have tons of stockings in there,in my favorite room. You don't need anything else" Maureen retorted.
"I don't have tons of anything auntie Maureen,my stockings are worn out. Dad is going to be angry if he finds out that I allowed them to wear out before getting a new one"
"You're just taking advantage of my husband's wealth" Maureen smirked.
"He's my father too" Michelle muttered.
"I have more right over him than you do. I know him more than you do."
"I'm sorry ma, not today. I'm too exhausted to trade quips right now" Michelle made to go out of the room.
"Do us all a favor and go back to the slums!" Maureen yelled and Michelle halted.
"I'd rather live in the slums than live with you" Michelle said calmly.
"Spoilt bastard! I'll report you to your father" Maureen screamed and Michelle walked out.
That woman is a freaking psycho!

*** *** ***
Ruby watched with disdain as the cook laid out several dishes on the table. Rice and chicken, coleslaw salad,fish stew and fruits.
Ruby made an unnecessary show of tasting the salad "it's acidic!"
"I'm sorry miss" the cook said.
"Yeah whatever... The fish is half done"
"I'm sorry miss"
"When will ever do something right? Must Ruby complain all the time?" Mrs Gadhafi said.
"I'm sorry ma" the cook said again.
"Get out of my sight!" Mrs Gadhafi looked disgusted.
"Sorry ma" the cook scurried away.
"Can you imagine?! Sorry dear, what will you eat?" Her mother asked.
"I'll manage this rubbish" Ruby rolled her eyes. "Where's dad?"
"He's taking a shower, he'll be here shortly"
"Okay" As soon as Ruby said this,her father emerged from the stairs.
"There's my beauty!" He said.
"Hi Dad" she smiled.
"I got your message this afternoon. I'll fire Madeline as soon as I can okay?" He said.
"Okay Dad. I don't like her at all,she doesn't even fit to be your personal assistant in the first place" Ruby yawned lazily.
"You should get some rest dear,go to bed after you're done" her mother patted her back.
"Okay Mom. Send my food upstairs, I'll eat in my room" she stood from her seat and walked up the stairs.
"Good night" she yawned again.
"Good night" her parents echoed.
She jumped on her bed and started snoring as soon as she hit the bed, not waking up even when the cook brought in her tray.
Ofcourse, unlike her schoolmates, she had no problem in life so she slept like a log of wood.

Please vote lovelies❤️ and comment to let me know if you like the turn out of events
Xoxo🥰